Extending symbol limit in an EFS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extending symbol limit in an EFS

Does anyone know how to increse/extend the symbol limit in an EFS (currently 7 symbols). I wrote an EFS to pull in stock data one Symbol at a time and "analyze" each chart and associated indicators. The problem is the EFS will only allow 7 symbols to be pulled in before it shuts down.

Yeah this is basically Advanced Get Scanning at end of day except it doesn't cost the extra $160 a month to use (would double my cost). The only reason I can see for the symbol limit in the first place is to sell the Advanced Get. Why else build in a capability and then build in a limitation to that capability?

Anyone know a way around this limit or a work around for it?

Thanks

Hello rmthiele,

There is no such work around. The limitation exists to protect our data servers. If we allowed an unlimited number of requests through EFS, the data servers would not be able to handle the load and could cause delays or other potential problems for other users connected to the same server. The purpose of EFS is not intended for market scanning.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Hi Jason.

I can understand your point but why set the limit at 7? Why not set it at the symbol limit for the rest of esignal. For example I have a limit of 50 symbols that I can view at one time - some people pay more and have 100 or 200.

Seems to me if my account is allocated 50 symbols then I should be able to "view" 50 symbols with EFS.

An alternative is only allow EFS scanning on off hours say 1-5 AM EST.

Can you tell me where the symbol limit is built into the EFS. Is it in the getSymbol command or part of the shell programming? This is a bit off this Bulletin Board topic so if you don't know that's understandable.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X