Will the FOMC crash esignal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will the FOMC crash esignal?

Im hoping and praying that the FOMC announcement doesnt crash the servers like it did last time. I heard that esignal upgraded there servers, but I did not hear that this was actually done. Anyways, anyone from esignal or anyone else for that matter, want to respond that would be great.

Once again, I hope all is ok, but only time will tell.

-Nick
    " If a man didn't make mistakes he'd own the world in a month. But if he didn't profit from his mistakes, he wouldn't own a blessed thing."
    -Jesse Livermore

To clarify, the problems experienced during the last FOMC was not a server crash, but a server capacity issue. At this time we have upgraded our servers, increased our bandwith and conducted tests. During the announcements, our engineers are closely monitoring and testing for a timely data flow. Our engineers will also test as to where the data lag maybe occuring at the time of the annoucements and will send a notification in the forums.

Thank you

JoeB
    Joe B.
    eSignal____________
    Community Support Group
    eSignal KnowledgeBase
    New User Orientation
    Add QuoTrek to eSignal l Get wireless quotes, charts, news | FREE for 30 days

Comment

Joe,
      I didnt mean to step on any toes calling it a "crash". Im technically challenged when it comes to dealing with servers, bandwidth, etc. My point was that the last FOMC meeting really messed up the data-thats all i meant. Anyways, I was impressed with eSignal this time around. It seemed to really keep up with the prices after the announcement. So I commend eSignal for addressing and correcting the problem.

Thanks
      Nick
      " If a man didn't make mistakes he'd own the world in a month. But if he didn't profit from his mistakes, he wouldn't own a blessed thing."
      -Jesse Livermore

Comment

FOMC ES data feed fails again

Looks as if the upgrade did not work. I started getting bad ES H6 data (ticks out of sequence?) at 2:15:08 until 2:16:25 or so, and then again at 2:19 and 2:21:51 until nearly 2:26. In addition ticks were occasionally off by a handle. This was a relatively calm FOMC but still eSignal's feed can't be used for trading during even slightly hectic activity.

This was the 3rd FOMC day in a row where I noticed the feed was bad. So though the problem may have been addressed it certainly was not corrected.

Comment

I noticed a 5-tick discrepancy in ER2 around 2:16, then at 2:24 there was a 10-second lag in ER2. Much better than last FOMC, but there's still room for improvement.

Comment

checkraise,

We did see this as well, and our engineers are looking into the cause. The great news is we really rallied the troops and have a lot of log information to go with for our analysis, which will help ascertain any areas of weakness.
            Regards,
            Jay F.
            Product Manager

Comment

Working...
            X