SGX Nikkei 225 incorrect start time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SGX Nikkei 225 incorrect start time

Prices for NI H6-SI should begin streaming at 1745 cst, but I am not seeing any prices until 1755 cst.

Any ideas?

ps. This evening prices from SGX did not begin streaming until 17:59 cst. Prices via broker streamed just fine. So this was an esignal vs SGX connectivity issue (?)
    Last edited by Essan; 02-26-2006, 04:02 PM.

Hello Essan, I have talked to one of our Q/A guys and they confirmed the problem but unfortunately the data is un-recoverable.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

How long before the default contract start time can be changed to the correct time? Right now esignal still shows 07:55 Singapore time -it show of course be 07:45.

Comment

I see it starting at 17:45 on every day except the day where it started at 17:59. On what day(s) do you see it starting at 17:55?

Comment

the "auto" time template for contract "NI H6-SI" is showing 17:55-0:25 CST. Shouldn't the correct times be 17:45-0:30?
          Attached Files

Comment

You're right it should start at 17:45. I have asked for this to be changed, I'll let you know when I have an ETA.

Thanks,

Comment

The file that holds these times has been updated and will be pushed out to all systems tommorow.

Comment

Excellent. Thanks RyanS.

While we are on the subject of "auto" time defaults, can you look at the following relating to US based e-mini index futures.

ES h6, NQ h6, MC h6, AB h6 all trade on globex.

The exchange default times for the contracts are 15:30 to 15:15 (the following day). The pit trading times for their "big sister" contracts is 08:30 to 15:15.

The "auto" time defaults for ES and NQ is 08:30-15:15. But for AB and MC the "auto" time default is 15:30-15:15.

Why the difference? If the auto times have been fine tuned so that they mirror the pit trade then it should be 08:30-15:15 for AB and MC as well as for ES and NQ.

If the auto times should be per exchange rules then 15:30-15:15 should apply to all four contracts.

Can we please have auto times consistent across ES, NQ, AB and MC?

Let me know if you need to see screen grabs illustrating this inconsistency.

Comment

Good question, I am looking in to that, I'll let you know when I have some more information.

Comment

Essan, we have decided to have all these symbols mirror the pit session. The file that holds these settings has been changed and will be pushed out to all clients over the next few days.

Thanks,

Comment

Do I have to manually download this "file" with the changes?

I only ask because the SGX "NI H6-SI" contract time defualt are still showing as 17:55-00:25 cst.

You mentioned earlier in this thread that a file would be distributed updating the times to 17:45-00:30.

Thanks again Ryan.

Comment

The file has already been uploaded to the server and esignal will automatically download it. You can however expedite this process. To do so, close esignal and the data manager. Do a file search on your computer for specs.tab. When the search is complete delete all instances of specs.tab.

Now open esignal and check your auto templates, if they are still off, you may need to close & re-open esignal a few more times to grab the new file.

I see all times updated on my esignal.

Comment

Thanks Ryan. This is great. I very much appreciate the promptness and efficiency of your assistance and replies to queries posted.

Outstanding.

Have a nice weekend.

e.

Comment

YM is another contract that is showing Auto hours that are outside of RTH. It should have the same hours as ES, AB, NQ, etc.

Thanks.

Comment

I found another incorrect start time, this one for the $CAC index. Under AUTO it shows as 9:30-16:00 est. Since it is Paris-based, I doubt this is correct.

Comment

Working...
                              X