OIL/GAS Tick Values

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OIL/GAS Tick Values

On my charts for Gas and OIL (QG, QM), I am getting bar highs and lows that can not correspond to any actual tick values that one can enter on or trade from. This is effecting the math of routines since I base an entry on a tick value above a certain calculated line, but that value can never exist in real trading.

For instance, take a look at today's (Mar 2) QG J6 chart. The high at 11:41 (CT) was 6620-fine. But the low and open was 6589, which is no real tick value on the live market -- it should be 6590.

In other words the bars are showing values that simply do not exist is real life. They are close, very close, but why monkey around -- let's get exact.

I have a signal that generates an entry 2 tick (Tick = 0.005) values above 6589, and since that value, 6599, never exists, I never generate a signal. This does not happen all the time, but there are bars that have HLOC that are not true market tick values. See pic
    Attached Files

alexmihh
    FWIW I am showing 6590 for Open and Low of the 12:41 ET bar
    Using eSignal version 7.9.1 build 738
    Alex

Comment

That's nice, but I have the same build number as you.

I have Compact Price Display" **checked** because of a bug with Alerts if this is not checked.

So, please explain how we are running the samw build and getting different results.
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X