Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forex Gap on 240-Minute chart

Hi,

I've spent hours looking for a solution on this problem. I am trying to setup my forex charts using 240-minute charts. The problem is that I get gaps between the 1 a.m. candle and the 5 a.m. candle on the chart. This is probably because of eSignal resetting its server at midnight. I have tried the 24-hour time template setting up 17:00 open/close (EST). I have tried setting up a forex time template with different peridodicities and still have the gap at that time. The only way I don't get the gap is if I setup the chart time templates for a 3 a.m. (found this suggestion on this forum among others that haven't workd) but than my candles don't match up with the close and open of Forex market (5 p.m. EST). I get a 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. candle around the close each day instead of a 1 p.m candle (4-hour) close and 5 p.m. candle open that would follow most other charting systems following the forex market. Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks for any help,
    Steve

Steve
    If you want to plot a chart that has an interval greater than 60 minutes the only solution I can think of at this time that would allow you to match the 17:00 EST Open/Close time is to use a 120 minute chart set to Start/End at 03:00 EST.
    Alex

Comment

Alexis,

Thanks for the reply.
      I ended up emailing eSignal Tech support and they told me to phone the tech support department. I talked to one of the techs there and he said that eSignal is aware of the problem and it is suppose to be taken care of on the next version of eSignal.

Steve

Comment

Working...
      X