Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with "AB m6" hi/lo data

This is a recurring problem.

When a new session begins (15:30 cst) the hi/lo for the previous session is not being "reset".

Right now (at 15:38cst) the high low range for "AB m6" is shown as 742.90 / 729.20. This is the hi-lo for the session that ended at 15:15cst.

I have brought this up with phone-in tech support many times and all that happens is that it gets corrected for the then current session and then tomorrow or a few sessions later -boom- it happens again.

Why is it happening to "AB m6" and no with any other contracts?

Can someone PLEASE correct this issue. I image it needs to be done programatically rather than brute-force overriding the erroneuous data on an ad-hoc basis.
    Attached Files

Hello Essan, This is a known issue. I will bring this up today in our network operations meeting to find out an ETA on the fix. I'll let you know once I have an update.
    Last edited by RyanS; 03-15-2006, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Our Quality Assurance team is working on a permanent fix for this issue, I will let you know when it has been corrected.

Comment

Ryan,

Thanks for looking into this. In the interim can it be arranged for someone in tech support to manually "reset" the contract EVERY day after the new session begins (after 15:30cst).

As this issue only pertains to "AB xy" it should not be too labor intensive, and your user would be most appreciative

Comment

It looks like this problem has resumed. Is it my imagination or does this only happen on a Wednesday???

In any case, as of 3/22/06 15:37cst the hi/lo ranges for "AB M6" and "MC M6" have not been reset. They are still reflecting the ranges for the session which ended at 15:15.

Screenprint attached.
          Attached Files

Comment

Essan,

We have the feed engineers looking into why the reset on AB and MC isn't taking place as it should. I have also put in a request to manually reset the current data. More to follow as our engineers uncover more of the issue.
            Regards,
            Jay F.
            Product Manager

Comment

Thanks for the update.

As of 08:35cst the hi/lo ranges for "AB M6" and "MC M6" continue to reflect yesterdays trading session. (see attached screenprint).

Could you please ask someone to manually overide again?

Thanks.
              Attached Files

Comment

I'm sorry to sound like the proverbial broken record but as of 18:19cst the hi/lo ranges for "AB M6" and "MC M6" are incorrect and need to be manually overridden.

In fact the low for "MC M6" shows as 779.50 -this is the low from 2 days ago.......

In any case, screen print is attached. ES, NQ & YM are correct but AB and MC have not reset. So, while the engineers work on the source of the problem, please ask a data maintenance techie to manually reset the AB and MC ranges.

Thanks guys.
                Attached Files

Comment

"MC M6" is still 2 days old.

The low for "MC M6" is still 2 days old....

Tried reporting this to phone-in tech support. First the guy tried arguing with me that the low of 779.50 was from earlier today and then after convincing him he should go back and double check he left me on hold fo 12mins and then hung up.....

screen print attached. 09:43 cst.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Essan,

Just verified the High and Low range is currently correct. Our Ops team corrected this shortly after your call. Both MC and AB are on our list of symbols to manually correct, until the underlying problem is resolved (to which we are continuing to work on correcting.)
                    Regards,
                    Jay F.
                    Product Manager

Comment

Thanks Jay.

To his credit the person that left me on hold before hanging up, did call me back to verify the problem and to say they would fix it asap.

e.

Comment

More information has become available on this. Our engineers have found that the cause of this problem is that the reset does not happen properly if the settlement for the previous session occurs after the beginning of the new session (i.e. after 15:30, CT). We are working on a fix for this issue. In the interim, we will look at the open for AB and MC each day and make sure the reset takes place as it should. If a missed reset does occur, it is possible there may be a delay in getting the manual reset completed.
                        Regards,
                        Jay F.
                        Product Manager

Comment

Just to let you know, the "AB M6" ranges remain incorrect as of 09:06cst. They are still showing the prior session values of 770.70/761.10

Comment

Hello Essan, this should now be fixed. I apologize for the inconvienance.

Regards,

Comment

Please note that the low for "AB M6" is incorrect as of 07:42cst. It shows the prior session value of 765.5.

Comment

Working...
                              X