Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data export for Metastock

Hi guys,

I have subscribed to esignal premier, and i would like to know if there is any way i can convert the csv files i can export from advanced chart, in order to use it in Metastock.

For example i am looking at the daily chart of GC #F (Gold continuous contract). I save the data as .csv ( date, open, high, low, close, volume). How can i convert this file into Metastock format? DO we need to add a column for symbol? If so how is this done?

And what about if we need intraday data? How can we convert those csv files into Metastock format?

Thank you very much for your prompt response.

nk77

i would like to know if there is any way i can convert the csv files i can export from advanced chart, in order to use it in Metastock.
    You can do that using The Downloader that is provided with Metastock. A detailed description of the process is available in Metastock's Help file (search for ASCII)

For example i am looking at the daily chart of GC #F (Gold continuous contract). I save the data as .csv ( date, open, high, low, close, volume). How can i convert this file into Metastock format?
    With Daily (or higher) intervals you don't need to first export the data from an Advanced Chart and then convert it to Metastock format. You can download it directly with The Downloader.

DO we need to add a column for symbol? If so how is this done?
    If you still need to convert from ascii to Metastock you do not necessarily need the symbol as the first field (see Metastock's Help file regarding conversion from ascii)

And what about if we need intraday data? How can we convert those csv files into Metastock format?
    Again you can do that using The Downloader (see my reply to your first question)
    Please note that eSignal provides a forum specifically dedicated to Metastock issues which is available here
    Alex

Comment

nk77
      Adding to my prior reply.
      If you are using Metastock Pro then you do not need to download data in ascii format but can [in most cases] chart it directly from Metastock using Data On Demand.
      If instead you are not using Metastock Pro and you need to download and maintain multiple data files for several symbols then you may want to look into a third party downloader such as QCollector
      Alex

Comment

Working...
      X