Cannot Plot Daily Chart on 0939-HKG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot Plot Daily Chart on 0939-HKG

I discovered that I cannot plot 0939-HKG for daily, weekly or monthly charts but it could be ploat for 60 Min, 30 Min or lower.

I used Advanced Get as plotting software. The other securities are without this problem. When daily chart is plotted, only one bar was seen on the very day and there was red remarks "No HS DATA" on the right lower corner. Are there any errors on the 0939-HKG RealTime data? Hope it could be rectified as soon as possilble.

As a matter of fact I have captured 3 images on Daily, 60 Min and 30 Min, but each one has bigger size than allowed as attachment. I do not know how to insert the image using IMG.

Hello Drifter, I have reported this to our Data Correction department and will inform you when it has been fixed.

Regards

Comment

Hello Ryan

More than two weeks have past; daily chart for 0939-HKG still cannot be plotted and nobody from Data Correction department has ever contacted me at all. Is it that the correction work is too difficult to deal with or they have missed your report? Would you care to send them a reminder? Thank you.

Drifter

Comment

Hi Drifter,

Sorry about the slow follow-up. Our QA folks don't typically contact users directly but rather funnel the findings to Tech Support, who then contacts the customer. Not sure what the deal is with this issue but I'll make sure we get it looked at this week.

Thank you.

Comment

Drifter,

This has been fixed as far as I can tell. I am able to bring up Daily, weekly and monthly charts for this instrument.

Please PM me your username so I can check the specific server you are connected to.

Comment

I have to make a correction. This symbol does not work properly, or at least consistently. There is a problem with a few specific international symbols, this being one of them, that prevents eSignal from being able to display them properly.

We should have this fixed in the next release of eSignal. I apologize for the inconvienance.

Comment

Originally posted by RyanS
              I have to make a correction. This symbol does not work properly, or at least consistently. There is a problem with a few specific international symbols, this being one of them, that prevents eSignal from being able to display them properly.

We should have this fixed in the next release of eSignal. I apologize for the inconvienance.
              A week ago, I wrote to you through PM asking any development on the new release of eSignal. But you hadn't re;ied. So I posted to this board again.

From my first discovery up to now, 3 months have past. Advanced Chart still cannot plot 0939-HKG. This is a big bank that will dominate the Finance Sector of Heng Sang Index. I had quite a heavy long position on it. If I keep on not being able to monitor it on chart for a long period, it would put me in a very disadvantageous position. Would something be done to the Support Team to modify the present version of eSignal as soon as possible, please?

Drifter

Comment

Hi Drifter,

8.1 is due out in late September and we've made hundreds of changes to our feed with this release. We'll get back to you next week if this particular issue is among the areas addressed in 8.1.

Thanks for your patience.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJ
                  Hi Drifter,

8.1 is due out in late September and we've made hundreds of changes to our feed with this release. We'll get back to you next week if this particular issue is among the areas addressed in 8.1.

Last week you said you would get back to me. What are your findings please?

drifter

Comment

Hi Drifter,

How long should my patience last?

drifter

Comment

Sorry for the delay.

I seem to be able to get history now (see attached below). Are you on 8.0 or 7.91? This screenshot is from 8.1 beta. 8.1 is due out next month but I have not had internal confirmation that 8.1 has indeed addressed the problem. It simply appears to be working now. Can you double check your system?
                      Attached Files

Comment

In re-reading this thread, I see one reference to Advanced GET and another to Advanced Charts. Which are you using? I was unable to get the data in Advanced Charts when I originally looked into the issue and now I can. Not sure about GET yet but we can look into that as well.

Thanks.

Comment

In re-reading this thread, I see one reference to Advanced GET and another to Advanced Charts. Which are you using? I was unable to get the data in Advanced Charts when I originally looked into the issue and now I can. Not sure about GET yet but we can look into that as well.

Thanks.
                          I am using Advanced Charts. My eSignal version is 8.0 (Build 779). I mentioned that I could have charts on 60-min or less, but not for Daily Weekly or Monthly. I still can't get Daily chart to-day.
                          My friend told me that he can't get it on Advanced Get either.

Drifter

Comment

Sorry for the delay.

I seem to be able to get history now (see attached below). Are you on 8.0 or 7.91? This screenshot is from 8.1 beta. 8.1 is due out next month but I have not had internal confirmation that 8.1 has indeed addressed the problem. It simply appears to be working now. Can you double check your system?
                            I earlier answered. As I am delighted to see that you can plot 0939-HKG on 8.1 beta, I try to get the beta version for use until the final version is due out. But I can't find the track. Would you advise me how to get it? Thank you.

Drifter

Comment

Hi Drifter,

The 8.1 release has both desktop software changes and server-side upgrades so in order to fully take advantage of the 8.1 enhancements, you have to be routed to servers that have been upgraded already. We don't have that routing in place yet for external users but we should in a couple of weeks. Hopefully, I'll have a better grasp of what has actually changed to let this symbol now work and perhaps get a solution to you even faster.

Thanks for your ongoing patience.

Comment

Working...
                              X