Tic Data Loading Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tic Data Loading Problems

I have a problem the some Tick Charts loading. I am trying to run 500tick charts on 98 charts and run EFS code on them. If I try to set the charts up in the morning I almost always cant get historical data. I have to wait for the market to open for the charts to popluate. I tried editing the time template to only get 75 bars but that does not seem to work. If I try to bring the charts up during the day or after the close I have much better success however, I still get some charts that get stuck in 'req sent' and I cannot load the code on them.
    I am of the understanding that if I set the chart to get 75 bars I will only get 75 bars. My charts just keep loading bars. I am expecting the "oldest" bar to drop off and only see the last 75 bars. Am I doing something wrong? Any ideas??

Jim

Jim
    When using tick based charts (ie intervals T, V, S or P such as 100T, 500V, etc) you cannot currently define how many bars are loaded or the Start/End times of the chart because they display data only in full day segments. You can only define how many days of tick based data you want to display. Note that this is supposed to change at some point in the future.
    As to tick-based charts not displaying data when a market is not yet open that is because by default tick based charts are set to Dynamic and will request a single day of data only. If there is no data yet on the current day (or not enough data to complete a tick-based bar) then nothing gets displayed.
    The solution is to define the tick based intervals in your Time Template and request for each at least 2 days of data. This should ensure that your charts will display even before a market opens.
    As to the number of bars defined in the Time Template (available only for intervals other than tick based) that number is applicable to the first load. After that as far as I know the bars are added to the existing ones.
    Alex

Comment

Alex,

Great info and thanks for the quick reply. Now the million dollar question. When in the future will this tick data change? eSig 8.0, 8.1?

Thanks again...this explains some of my frustration

Jim

Comment

Jim
        That is a question that can only be answered by someone from eSignal
        Alex

Comment

Working...
        X