repeated severe real time data delay issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• repeated severe real time data delay issues

i have extreme data delays with esignal. on some days the data (ES/NQ/YM) flows smoothly with no problems what so ever, and on some days, there are very big delays. the data comes in small bursts with intervals between them, these intervals can range between 5 seconds to 2 minutes. there is literally no data flow. all other internet applications including streaming quotes like IB work fine during all this time.

considering the fact that on some days esignal works just fine and the computer configuration is not changed, we can conclude it's not a computer configuration problem.
    furthermore, considering the fact that streaming quotes from IB work well all the time, there is nothing wrong with the internet connection either.
    the problem does not occur specifically on very active market days.

can you please offer possible solutions for this problem.

thank you for your help.

I am surprised to see that there are no responses to this post. I came to the form to see if there were others with this issue and found this thread but no answers from anyone and no one else seems share this issue. When data moves fast, eSignal cannot keep up. Do we have to many charts up? Doe we need a better graphics card? Has anyone had this problem and fixed it, or are you just putting up with it?

Comment

has nothing to do with 'fast' markets. it happens on slow days as well. then again, on other days, everything is just fine.

Comment

OK, you are correct. Fast markets are an issue, but it does occur under other conditions as well. I particularly notice it when I try and adjust a chart. If I click in the chart window everything freezes. Sometimes it just freezes for no reason. I know this issue goes beyond 50 cent and me. I have talked to others who have it, complain about it, but no one seems to have an explanation on how to fix it. Today it is really bad for me.

Comment

Hello Radly212 and 50 Cent,

I'm sorry no one responded to this sooner. When it comes to data delays or slugishness there are many reasons why this could be happening. To start troubleshooting this please go over the contents of this article as it addresses a large number of the reasons you may experience slugish behavior as well as offers solutions to these problems. If you have gone through everything in that article and are still having problems then it would be good to know what is in your eSignal page (how many charts / indiciators) and what your computer specs are.

Comment

Working...
          X