Tick chart and Time template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tick chart and Time template

I am trying to use a time template to get rid of wrong trade data that eSignal sends after the market has closed.
    This works for minute charts, but with tick charts (which is what I normally use) I always get trade data after the market close.
    Is there something special I am missing ?
    Thanks

jbiard
    When using tick based charts (ie intervals T, V, S or P) you cannot define [at this time] the Start/End times because they display data only in full day segments. In the Time Template you can only define how many days of tick based data you want to display. Note that this is supposed to change at some point and time in the future.
    Alex

Comment

Thank you Alex for your (as always) prompt answer.
      Do you have any idea how I could get rid of these bad ticks, as they happen after the market close, usually with volume equal to zero and they usually create a big gap with the preceding data; their effect is that they screw up my indicators.
      I tried with the Bar Editor but this had no effect; or should I report the bad ticks to eSignal.
      Thanks

Comment

jbiard
        You are most welcome.
        As you have already found out the Bar Editor does not work with tick based charts (this is intentional BTW) so you need to report the bad ticks to eSignal to have them corrected
        Alex

Comment

Working...
        X