Satellite broadband

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Satellite broadband

anyone know if the satellite broadband connections via the astra sat in europe will work with esignal data feed?

Not sure how they measure data or how they connect to data feeds like esig... have monthly data download limits of from 1 to 6 gigabytes.. how does that relate to daily data feed on 100 symbols?

Any help welcome
    Thanks
    Neil

Neil,

Provided your ISP assigns you a static IP address, you should be able to connect to eSignal the same as if you were on a land-based ISP. Satellite ISPs tend to have slow response times, but fast downloads, so the key would be to make sure upload and download speeds are balanced, both being faster or comparable to at least dial up.

The ISP your choosing will be able to address these issues.

Thanks for posting,
    Heather Holmes
    eSignal Technical Support

Comment

eSignal minimum requirement?

Heather,

is there a rule of thumb for required capacity or connection speed? I have some problems getting adequate internet access in Thailand. It would be a lot easier to address the ISP with precise requirements. Is there any chance to limit my own feeds to fight net bottlenecks (i.e. that I only need to track one priority commodity and don't need the others when connections deteriorate)?

Thanks for your help!
      Tom

Comment

Working...
      X