Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GBP FX rate extra decimal place

Originally posted by GrantD
    You may have noticed that we now go to a 5th decimal place for GBP A0-FX. Two of GTIS's FX contributors (HSFX and ICAP) have both started quoting out to 5 decimal places, and so adjustments needed to be made to accommodate this.

They're looking to catch the market in between the current orders by going half points and tenths of a point.

If other currencies follow suit, we'll be adding the extra decimal for them also.
    Currently there is no decimal in my gbp a0-fx... I dump this data into excel and it is throwing everything off. Any idea what's going on?
    John E. Putman II, CTA
    Putman Financial Inc.

Hi John,

The decimal is actually a display issue in terms of eSignal. (click on this KB Article for instructions). Are you using DDE links or dumping data in a different method?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJ
      Hi John,

The decimal is actually a display issue in terms of eSignal. (click on this KB Article for instructions). Are you using DDE links or dumping data in a different method?

Thanks.
      Wow... I didn't expect a reply until tomorrow.

Right now I'm using the Data Export feature but would eventually like this process to be automoated... I've not used eSignal for a month or so but didn't have this issue previously. Hopefully the article sheds some light... I'll read it over.

Thanks for the quick reply.
      John E. Putman II, CTA
      Putman Financial Inc.

Comment

That did the trick... Thank you.
        John E. Putman II, CTA
        Putman Financial Inc.

Comment

Hi John,

Glad that worked. To automate a data collection process, you might want to take a look at QCollector. It's a handy utility.

Take care.

Comment

I've looked it over and I'm not sure it streamines my current process any. Grabbing data off the export table and pasting it into the spreadsheet is pretty straight forward.

I'm going to explore the DDE Link a little. If I could get that to post the ohlc for a specified time series in consecutive rows for multiple currencies it would make my life ALOT easier.
            John E. Putman II, CTA
            Putman Financial Inc.

Comment

John

If I could get that to post the ohlc for a specified time series in consecutive rows for multiple currencies it would make my life ALOT easier.
              You may want to look at eSigTools by Montgomery Investments
              Alex

Comment

Working...
              X