Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only (!!) 10 Days Ticks ??!

Hello All,

I do'n't know if any of you does really want to know what happens in price bars, but TICKS do represent a better picture of what actually happens then 1-3-5-10 etc. minutes bars. Ever seens FAST markets ? Look at tick bars.

So to get a good picture of the markets you have tickbars from 25 to 50, 100 etc. ticks and look at the different tick time frames.

BUT ESIGNAL ONLY PROVIDES 10 DAYS BACK in eSignal Pro. That is WAY to little and one cannot see what really happens at particular support and resistance levels.

Additionally to use tickbars in conjunction with real support and resistance calculations go mostly way back then ONLY 10 days ticks.

So I am wondering if eSignal Advanced charting will allow for downloading more ticks then only 10 days ? And when this service would come into effect if so.

The database goes back about 20 days, which is still too limited, and software like TS and add-on interfaces do allow for ticks to store on the harddisk.

Is above a suggestion? Or will something happen into that direction ? Also it would be great to have SESSION BREAKES when dealing with tick data.

Thanks,

BernardWG

Hi Bernard,

Thanks for the comments. The Advanced Charting component of eSignal also contains a maximum of 10 days of tick data.

Increasing the size of the tick, intraday and overall historical database is a project that we have been actively involved with over the past few months. I don't have a firm ETA of when this increased amount of data will be available, but we are working diligently in that direction.

Comment

Working...
    X