London Metal Exchange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London Metal Exchange

I am no longer able to receive delayed London Metal Exchange Prices. They appear to have stopped on 17th November. I have checked my subscription and it still showing as valid so this appears to be a data issue

example code would be CD B3-LM (Delayed)

Murroetrad,

There was a recent change to several symbols on the LME. Please see the following link to read through the updated London Metals Exchange Symbols Guide. This should provide the new format in which the symbols need to be entered.

Comment

Hello,

You account is fine. Please use the following symbol. CAD M3-LME.

Hope this help.

Comment

Hi,

I'm not getting any historical prices using the new symbols. For instance I have data that ends around Jul 1-2 2006 and then begins again with the 27th of November.

Any help?

TIA,
        James

Comment

Hi James,

Can you let me know what symbols you are using? The copper cash contract has a fairly good amount of historical data available. CAD C0-LME

Comment

Duane,

All the 3 month base metal series are similar to copper's (missing data).

eg. CAD M3-LME

3 month is more widely traded/quoted than cash.

thanks,
            James

Comment

There is a bug in the program that is causing this behavior. If you refresh your chart after the data loads, the correct historical data should be displayed.

Comment

I wish it were so...

by refresh i assume you mean clicking the status bar in the cursor window while holding down the CTRL key?

it forces the refresh but the chart re-appears as before with missing data...

logging off and logging back on (with the requisite 15 sec wait) provides no relief.

any other suggestions?

thanks

Comment

just a follow up to this...upon loading the CAD M3-LME chart this morning...the last date showing is today, the 28th...yesterday's price is now gone...

refreshing does not alleviate the issue.

-j

Comment

There is a bug in the current version of eSignal which handles the M3-LME symbols as June 2003 data. The issue is slated to be corrected in eSignal 8.1 which is not available for public beta at this time.

We suggest that you download eSignal 8.1 when the public beta is announced.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you
                    Last edited by mjones; 11-29-2006, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Venting my frustration here:

1) LME metals have been the hottest of all global markets for the last several years.

2) I have been unable to view these markets since November2006, despite my paying for the delayed data.

3) I am aware that this issue should be resolved with beta 8.1

4) This was really incredibly poorly managed and executed, IMHO, by eSignal.

To have allowed this to occur, and frankly, to allow its continuance says volumes about eSignal's priorities towards the futures/forwards markets.

Frankly, paying for the data doesn't matter, but the opportunity cost of not participating in these generational moves will not be easily (or ever) forgotten.

James

Comment

James,

There is a work around for this that was pointed out to me today. You can open a standard chart to a Daily Chart set for 10 years and then refresh the advanced chart. The data will stay correct until the next time you open eSignal, at which point you will need to repeat these steps.

A beta of the next version of eSignal will be available soon. This version has a fix for this issue.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Comment

thank you Mark...that indeed is a big help.

-james

Comment

The eSignal 8.1 Beta is ready for testing now. Please click here for more details about this release.

Comment

Working...
                            X