Wrong candles with 1! continuos charting compared to #F continuos charting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong candles with 1! continuos charting compared to #F continuos charting

I already noticed this problem last week but wanted to see it again before screaming "HELP!"

It looks like I am getting two different opening bars on the same instrument depending on whether I use the 1! or #F.

The funny thing is that as the wrong chart 1! is loading up, I can see the "correct" candle for just a second...yet it quickly disappears and turns into a wrong candle.

Take a look for yourself.
    Attached Files

Here is the correct chart. Notice how the first candle of december 26 changes from the 1! format to the #F format.
    Attached Files

Comment

fseitun
      FWIW at my end the first candle on 12/26 appears to be the same on both symbols (see image enclosed below). If you are still seeing a difference try restarting both eSignal and the Data Manager. If the issue persists you may want to contact eSignal's support (either directly or through LiveRep) who will be better able to assist you
      Alex

Comment

Thanks for your reply alex.

Today the candles were the same on my charts as well. I guess rebooting the computer and shutting down esignal helped.

Comment

Unfortunately i am getting different candles again today. I rebooted my computer but nothing has changed.

The very strange thing is that I can see the "correct" candles taking shape while my charts are loading...yet, when they are ready, the opening candle changes its open and close points. The candles have the same range but the different open anc close prices.

I guess I am going to have to give tech support a call today. Let you know how this develops.

Comment

Alex i need your help again...I've been at the phone for the last 30mins but the guys I've been talking to don't seem to really understand what my issue is.

Is there a way to reset eSignal?

Comment

Hi fseitun,

Try this link to the instructions from the Knowledgebase for a complete uninstall. Reinstall eSignal after this ...

complete removal and reinstall instructions

Originally posted by fseitun
              Alex i need your help again...I've been at the phone for the last 30mins but the guys I've been talking to don't seem to really understand what my issue is.

Is there a way to reset eSignal?

Comment

Nothing changed after I re-installed eSignal.

I am even more upset now that all my old settings have been lost.

Comment

Sorry fseitun,

That certainly was not my intent. I have done this previously to fix problems I had inadvertantly created. I should have told you to read the instructions more carefully. If I had, you may have chosen to simply rename the files and folders versus deleting them.

Originally posted by fseitun
                  Nothing changed after I re-installed eSignal.

I am even more upset now that all my old settings have been lost.
                  If you have windows XP, you can always restore your computer to an earlier time before you made these changes. If you choose to go that route and do not know how, you should be able to use the Google search engine and find the instructions and associated precautions for that task.

Comment

This problem is really getting annoying.

Now even my EU indices charts are all messed up under the 1! format.

Why do I first see the correct opening candlestick at the first interval while the chart is still loading and, once it's ready, it transforms into a completely wrong candlestick?

What's the issue behind this? I need some answers soon because this problem has been driving me nuts all day long.

Comment

Working...
                    X