Asian exchanges down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asian exchanges down

Looks like the earthquake is beginning to have an effect? No data after midday break.

Hello,

Looking at our incidents, We did not see any outages on any of the Asian exchanges other than the Taiwan exchange which was resolved around 6 am pacific time. Yesterday (12.28.06) Is there a particular symbol that you were looking at?

Comment

Singapore and Japan have no data after midday break. Don't know if it was a holiday or what. I don't see anything mentioned on their websites.

Comment

Atlas,

I'm not entirely sure which symbols you are exactly referring to. Looking at the Topix 100 cash and future on TSE, I have found though that our data for prices and OI match the exchange web site. So is the case for Strait Times and Nikkei future on Simex.

No official news release is available on the web sites, but I assume that the exchanges didn't send data in the afternoon session, because they closed early on the 29th.

Both exchanges were as well closed today and will reopen tomorrow.

Comment

Ok, thanks for the info. It's so hard to track down these sorts of things. It's not even mentioned on the holiday list.

Comment

Thank you, Atlas.
            Tokyo is closed today too. The exchange will reopen for trading on the 4th.

Comment

Here are the specific Asian markets that will be closed today.

Osaka Securities Exchange
              Tokyo Commodities Exchange
              Tokyo Grain Exchange
              Tokyo Intl Financial Futures
              Tokyo Stock Exchange
              JASDAQ Exchange

Because these exchanges make up a better part of the SIMEX market, expect to see reduced volume.

Comment

Well, Tokyo and Osaka futures were open, so I don't know what the ryhme or reason.

Comment

Working...
                X