is there a network problem??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is there a network problem??

I just came back from running errands and my esignal says...

NO PSWD NO DATA

I've checked my password and everything seems OK? It was working this AM??

Anyone got any ideas??
    Brad Matheny
    eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

You normally get this if the DM has disconnected from the eSignal server farm. Best thing to try is to close the eSignal application and the DM wait about 15 seconds and relaunch the applications.

Currently eSignal is having connection issue and is working dilegently to resolve the issue. Once the issue is resolved we will post to this site.

AveryH
    eSignal Support
    Last edited by eSignal_AveryH; 01-16-2007, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Hi All,
      The connections issue you may have experienced earlier with connections has been resolved. If you are still unable to connect after closing and reopening the application please contact Technical Support.

AveryH
      eSignal Support.

Comment

Hi,
        I've been getting the NO PSWD / NO DATA (in red) come up in my Status Bar. It has been happening frequently throughout the day, usually for a few minutes at a time when the Live Data Feed completely stops., then it will go back to OK / OK (in green).

When i have been receiving live data, my charts seem to update on an intermittent basis - displaying gaps in the price data on my candlestick charts. I've just gone through all of my efs studies and set them to setComputeOnClose(), but this has not solved the poor data update frequency.

I tried to use the Live Rep facility to talk to eSignal, but the Live Rep software will not work (the small java based window at the bottom of the eSignal support web page - i downloaded the activex control but nothing will happen after that).

Any Ideas,
        Thanks,
        Paul

Comment

Hi Turlies,
          Normally when your DM changes frequently from Red to Green is a sign of a poor connection to the eSignal Data Farm.

As mentioned in the previous post you may want to shutdown the eSignal along with the DM for about 15 to 20 seconds. The time allows for any lagging connections to disconnect.
          Relaunch the application and see if you connections get better.
          If not then you may want to check this KB article on Internet connectivity. There are some good tools there to test network speed, pings and trace routes back to our servers.

AveryH
          eSignal Support

Comment

Hi Avery,
            I've done some of the tests listed in the KB article on Internet Connectivity, and the tracert ping response times were around 176ms - is this a normal speed?

I also use a Dynamic IP address, is a static IP address recommended by eSignal?

Paul

Comment

Hi Turlies,

The trace routes speed is not bad, it's when the times start getting into the 1000ms that you need to really start getting concerned. These speeds will also depend on other factors.

What type of ISP is it, Cable, DSL or Dial Up? And some of the downfalls with each.

Cable- You share your line with others in your neighborhood who have the same service, So the more people connected the slower your connection. A majority of the time this really will not affect you.

DSL- Depending on how far away from the Central office you are determines your DSL speed. Anyone closer then 2000 yards gets the best performance. While customers further our get the worst.

Dial up is just terrible but we still have people using it. Dial up limits you to a maximum of 56k and trust me when I say, you will never see the speed that high. Not on yours or their best day. At best I would guess you would get 43k.

So back to the questions 176 is excellent for a dial up account, DSL or cable you normally want to keep at or below 100ms and I've seen it as low as 10ms.

eSignal does not require that you have a static IP address.

Hopefully this information will assist you in determining the problem with your connections.

Avery

Comment

Hi Avery - thanks for your reply.

My ISP is ADSL with 8Mbps "quoted" potential speed, so i will be comparing it with the 100ms guidelines.

I had about three Time Outs when i did the tracert / ping tests, and the average time to eSignal test.ca.esignal.com was around 179ms.

I was wondering whether a Static IP address would improve my connection speed at all, or possibly reduce or eliminate the Time Outs? I would appreciate any advice on this.

I have removed some Spread Symbols from my layout today, and so far i've had no connection issues. I think eSignal can slow down when it has a lot of symbols data to process (my CPU performance has been fine, it is just eSignal that seems to slow down and lag).

Paul

Comment

Working...
                X