Volume charts mess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volume charts mess

I have noticed recently that the $TVOLQ chat has become a mess, I wonder is eSignal aware of this and are they planning to do something. plz see attached chart.
    Attached Files
    Hope for the best.....Plan for the worst!

Hello dhunniford,

We are aware of an issue regarding data for $TVOLQ. When $TVOLQ reaches or goes over a threshold, the data loops around to a lower price.

Our programmers are working on a resolution at this time.

Comment

Thanx for the reply, odd that it seems to be a new problem, it is not like $TVOLQ is at unusually high levels, avge vols are if anything quite low so it was quite capable of passing this "threshold" before. Anyway glad to hear someone is doing something about it

Comment

I see this mess has now spread to the NYSE quotes $tvol, add that to the problems with $voldq the other day and this platform is starting to fall apart.

Comment

Same problem with TRIN and VOLD. Possible data type error?

Comment

Will $TVOLQ ever be fixed?

I asked via Chat early this year for this to be fixed - nothing. So I tried emailing instead. I have an email from Avery last May saying this is "on the active fix list". But still it is not fixed.

Has eSignal completely abandoned US equity traders?

Shaeffer
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Shaeffer,
              The problem you’re seeing on the charts where the Tick Volume exceeds the threshold our Tick Server can hold is something we have been diligently worked on. We’ve tested some newer versions of the Tick Server, which we have varied in success and we’ve had few set backs. But with some internal tweaking the latest version looks very promising and is holding up excellent to all tests. We’re rolling these new Tick Servers out as quickly as we can and should have them all completed and available to you in the coming month or so.

AveryH
              eSignal Support.

Comment

How is it going with the problem of $TVOLQ > 2^32.
                This flows over to other software also, that use eSignal for data. I use MultiCharts (no fix, they say their software works correctly and it is data vendor's problem).

It just seems like every time the Volume > 2^32 (4.29 Billion) intraday the data freaks out and goes to some weird negative number. It seems like a premier company like eSignal would have had a fix for this years ago when the volume first started getting this high. Since I switched over from TS2000i, it is really bugging me.

The only thing I can do is go to 64 bit software...?

Thanks,

Bob

Comment

A few month ago and then just recently I spent time in a trading room where the head traders both use eSignal. Both have complained and cursed eSignal's inability to get the $TVOLDQ chart fixed. This in turn caused TradeStation users in the room to comment that that is one example of why they left eSignal. There are many newbies in these rooms asking which charting software to use. My point is that its been almost a year since I first asked for a fix for this, so not only are existing eSignal users frustrated by eSignal program glitches or server problems (or whatever the reason), but daily there are potential new eSignal customers that never will be.

Shaeffer
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi, Shaeffer

Yes, it seems very odd indeed. Years ago Tradestation seemed to have "fixed" it in their Globalserver so it would look correct in TS2000i. It would seem that eSignal software guys could use a similar fix.

I use this symbol everyday in some complicated indicators that show me whether volume is higher than normal or lower than normal on an intraday basis in real time looking back over the past 20 days. Luckily I mostly use it earlier in the day prior to it going nuts.

Take care,
                    Bob

Comment

Starting Jan 18, 2008
                      Now it is happening to $TVOL.

Comment

Originally posted by mjones
                        Hello dhunniford,

We are aware of an issue regarding data for $TVOLQ. When $TVOLQ reaches or goes over a threshold, the data loops around to a lower price.

Our programmers are working on a resolution at this time.

A solution any time soon?
                        Never?
                        "Never" is an answer. At least there is closure...

Comment

Hello All,

We know this was a long time coming but there should not be any issue with the Total Volume on charts any longer. Our farm's Tick Servers under went a major overhaul to resolve several issue that have manifested themselves with the increase volume and volitility of the markets. As of August no user should see the Volume buffer overload issue.

If you're continuing to see issue on the charts please let us know.

Attached are two charts of the $TVOL and $TVOLQ. Yesterday we saw record volume on both the NASDAQ and NYSE and as you can see there was no issue with the Volume Charts.

I'm currently connected to the same server that RobotMan is connected to and these screenshots are of that data.

AveryH
                          eSignal Support

Comment

Hooray!!
                            I am seeing the same image when I open eSignal charting.

Edit by Admin: Thread has been split and moved here
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by RobotMan; 09-17-2008, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X