Please add Daily Bad Tick Override

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please add Daily Bad Tick Override

Right from the open today (Feb 13), the Nasdaq showed a high of about 5,500 which is more than twice its real value. I understand that since this bad tick data comes from the exchange, you can't change that.

I tried fixing it many times in the bar table, but it keeps resetting (I assume 'cause Nasdaq keeps sending the bad high?). Could you then please provide the ability for a user fix in the daily bar table to stay fixed?

Or is there some other way around this problem?

Thank you
    shaeffer

Hello Shaeffer,

I would have to agree with the need to save the adjustment. The only reason why it doesn't is because everytime you change your chart or refresh it, it makes a new request for data from our servers and erases your changes.

This is a good suggestion to send to your product managers at [email protected]. This will go directly to them. Many of the features that are in eSignal were suggestions from actual users.

Comment

Thanks for the reply J.J.

That makes sense that a chart change or refresh would re-retrieve the bad data.

Maybe if a Bar Editor Table initiated change was simply accepted by the chart without a refresh from the server, our goal could be achieved.

Regards
      shaeffer

P.S. after what wasn't included in 8.0 (or 8.1) I don't bother sending anything to Ideas anymore. That just hasn't worked. If I see a shift back to new features for U.S. equity traders, I'll reconsider.

Comment

Working...
      X