Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1min charts not updating

Hi

All of my eminis' 1min charts are not updating.

2min, 3min and above charts update fine.

Anyone experiencing the same problem?

Come on eSignal support, help me out already!

I can't trade without my 1min chart...

Comment

Originally posted by fseitun
      Anyone experiencing the same problem?
      In response to your question, no problem here.

Comment

fseitun
        No problems here either.
        You may want to try to restart both eSignal and the Data Manager and see if that resolves the problem you are having.
        If it doesn't then you may want to contact eSignal Support directly or through Live Rep so that they can determine where you are connecting to.
        Alex

Comment

Thanks guys.

I already restarted eSignal twice but unfortunately the 1min charts are frozen.

Comment

Here is the story behind my problem:

It looks like eSignal is not yet 100% compatible with Windows Vista.

I purchased a new computer last week and, as you all know, all new computers come with Vista Operating System.

I spoke with an eSignal tech rep who confirmed that other Vista users have been experiencing the same 1min-chart problem.

There are other Vista-related problems I am unaware of.

There apparently is no immediate solution to this problem. Of course technicians are working on these issues overnight, yet the tech rep was unable to provide me with a deadline.

Here are the scenarios I am sitting in front of right now:

1) Switch back to Windows XP and wait for eSignal staff to come out with a Vista-compatible version

2) Continue to use eSignal and manually update 1min charts every other second...lol

3) Switch to another charting software provider. Hopefully some of them haven't been sleeping all this time.

All in all, I believe eSignal is going to lose a lot of customers since all traders who purchase a new computer are going to be Vista-equipped and will be looking for compatible charting software versions, something eSignal doesn't offer yet.

Good luck all

Comment

Hi fseitun,

We have teams in several of our offices (AUSTRALIA, CA, LOMBARD) who have been running and testing Vista for compatibility with our various product offerings. Results have been positive in terms of the overall functionality of our applications. The challenges that we have seen are related to the tightened security measures associated with Vista.

Originally posted by fseitun

I spoke with an eSignal tech rep who confirmed that other Vista users have been experiencing the same 1min-chart problem.
              As far as we know this is not a confirmed issue so we apologize for the miscommunication. So far we have not been able to duplicate the issue that you're seeing with your 1 min. chart. It's possible that the issue may be related to a Vista security setting that may need to be changed or something unrelated such as a 3rd party conflict or firewall setting.

We will arrange to have one of our Techs contact you later today to further troubleshoot this issue.

Thank you,
              Ray P.
              eSignal Support

Comment

fseitun,

I'm glad we had a chance to talk over the phone and that we were able to get eSignal working properly in Windows Vista.

As I mentioned, please watch the program today and I will contact you later today for a status update.

We will make sure and post some helpful tips for running eSignal with Windows Vista in our KB article.

Comment

Working...
                X