=N specifier not working properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• =N specifier not working properly

The =N specifier for NYSE only data for listed stocks does not work on bar data. It incorrectly batches in trades from the regional listed as THRD. Please find the following 5 min bar chart and T&S of yesterday's closing price of ticker 'A'. The top T&S shows the NYSE closing price, and the bottom shows the trades on THRD. The chart shows multiple closing prices which occur after the NYSE close with volume corresponding to THRD.

This makes the =N data for bar data unuseable for its specified purpose. The =N data for T&S seems to be working properly. Please let us know if you can repeat the problem and an ETA on a fix. Am using v. 8.0 build 782.

Thank you,
    Lorn
    Attached Files
    Last edited by lorn; 03-30-2007, 09:24 AM.

Hi Lorn,

I can't duplicate what you're showing here as of yet. Each time I compare a chart of T vs T=N or GE vs GE=N the data is different on many of the bars, indicating that we are saving different bar data for a regional symbol vs a composite symbol. Can you try the same comparison and see if you get the same data in both charts?

Thanks.

Comment

I get similar data for "=N" and "no regioinal specifier.", but not exactly the same. You must check for the data to be correct, not that it should be different. It should be pretty clear from the image that the =N data is incorrect. There should not be additonal 1 tick bars on the 5minute chart after the trading day is over... T=N should have closed at 39.17. You get one closing print on NYSE, not multiple prints. It is obviously using additonal data not pertaining to =N.

If you're not seeing what I'm seeing, then it must be you're having problems on specific servers. Specifically, the one I'm on.

Here's an image of T=N and T. Both are set to 24 hour time templates focusing on the close of the 29th.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by lorn; 03-30-2007, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Can you specifically compare the OHLC of each bar in your example? The charts do look different although most of the data will be "similiar"

Thx

Comment

Yes, I can specifically compare them, but I'm not sure what your point is. Like I said, it is not the difference that will identify the problem, it is the analysis of the time and sales and the knowledge of how the NYSE closing price is given that will show you where the error is. Please take a look at a chart and the t&s, it should be clear then.

Again, in NY, "T" closed at 39.17. From the chart it is obvious that it did not close at 39.17, rather, both charts show a close at around 39. If you bring up a "T" t&s you'll see that the 39 price corresponds to a THRD trade. This is an error. If you bring up a T=N t&s you will see that the last trade is at 39.17. Thus, the T=N barchart is incorrect, it does not do what is intended: to show only trades that occur on the NYSE.

Is that more clear?
          Last edited by lorn; 03-30-2007, 02:50 PM.

Comment

On my system, time and sales match up with their respective charts for both regional and composite symbols. Not sure what we're missing here because I can see you are getting different results per your screenshots. Try exiting and re-entering the application. If still the same, I'd suggest calling into TS so they can see where you are connecting and see if they can replicate.

Thanks.

Comment

I have spoken to CS, they logged on to the server I was on, and were able to verify what I was seeing. They stated that the issue would be passed on to Quality Assurance and the problem would be fixed by EOD (3/30/07).

Still has not been fixed.

Comment

Working...
              X