MSFT price range for 9/16/04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSFT price range for 9/16/04

I'm looking at a Wachovia trade confirmation sheet with a trade price of 27.22 for Microsoft on 9/16/04. I checked the price on our systems here that uses FT Interactive Data for historical data and it shows closing price that day of 27.26. Yet, in looking at an advance chart of MSFT on eSignal, it shows a price range of 24.13 & 24.29 (H/L) for that day.

Can someone take a look at this?

Thanks,
    Andy

Andy
    I think that is because prices were back adjusted for the $3 dividend paid by Microsoft in November 04
    Alex

Comment

Did you just move my post?

Thanks, Alex. Stocks post dividends all the time, was this a special circumstance to adjust Microsoft like that? Are there others that this has been done too?

Lesson learned. In the brokerage business, don't use Advanced Charts for reference on price ranges. Not that I'm complaining, it makes sense to have the charts set-up for the chartist. I use eSignal for reference on such matters as I'm accustomed to it so it's easier for me. In this case, I was using it with my boss and to him, the prices are wrong. He wasn't impressed and is now suspect of the data it gives. I should have known better anyways.

Thanks for the reply. Hope all is well with you!

Take care,
      Andy

Comment

Working...
      X