Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong values on daily chart

Hi all

i am attaching a side by side daily & 30 min chart. My curser is on both charts at EOD. you can clearly see the issue with wrong data on the property box.

please advise.

oops forgot picture
    Attached Files

Comment

bugsbunny
      If the discrepancy you are referring to is the value of the Close on the Daily and 30 minute charts then you need to consider that the Daily chart actually starts/ends at 23:00/22:59 GMT (18:00/17:59 EST).
      For more information of how Forex daily bars are formed see this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase and specifically the section Why are daily charts sometimes different than interval charts?
      Alex

Comment

thxs alex for quick response.

im still a bit confused.
        "data from 23:00 – 22.59 GMT. Why? Because we take the end of the trading day of FOREX to be at 23:00 GMT (15:00 PST, 18:00 EST) "

so my ending daily chart should finish @ 22.59 GMT which is 17.59 EST not 23.59 EST

please advise as i called in to tech support to try to get my daily chart to end at 17.59 EST and got no where.

also , do u happen to know when we will get any drawing tools such as horizintal line that actually tells me price

thxs alex

Comment

bugsbunny
          You cannot set the Start/End times of a daily chart. That is done at the server and is already set to 18:00/17:59 EST as indicated in the KB article.
          What I was trying to point out was that in your 30 minute chart the value of the Close on the 23:30 bar is not the Close of the day because that occurrs on the 17:30 bar (see enclosed screenshots). The data at the 23:30 bar is instead part of the trade date 4/25.
          As to your question regarding drawing tools you need to redirect that to eSignal as I would not know the answer
          Alex

Comment

bugsbunny
            Following up on my previous reply.
            In the enclosed screenshot you can see that the value of the Open on the daily bar of 4/25 (0.8274) is the same as that of the Open of the 18:00 EST bar on 4/24 in the 30 minute chart
            Alex

Comment

Working...
            X