Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FX Data/Chart Problems with FXCM

Hi,

I use FXCM's trading platform to execute FX orders and eSginal for my charting. My problem is that FXCM's market hours are from Sunday at 5:15 PM EST to 4:00 PM EST Friday afternoon.

It looks like eSignal's FX Data feed provides additional 3/4 hours of choppy data, which invariably triggers my virtual trade. However, the corresponding trade is not executed in FXCM.
    In addition, the chart display this superfluous data as well.

There are only three ways I can see out of this mess;

1. eSignal to provide FXCM data stream.
    2. Remove the additional data from the chart somehow
    3. Create an EFS routine to highlite the data as invalid (in pink or something).

I would really love to hear from someone that can assists with this, or has other options....

Regards,
    Rene'.

Rene'
    eSignal already provides the FXCM data stream. For more information on the symbol format see this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase
    Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
      Rene'
      eSignal already provides the FXCM data stream. For more information on the symbol format see this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase
      Alex
      Hi,

Perhaps you can ellaborate...?

I have a serious problem with using eSignal and FXCM together. In addition, I have found that eSignal has a number of data issues with FX data such as different time frames have different high/lows prices, spike and gaps. the GTIS feed also doesn't match FXCM very well and terms of prices and market hours.

Regards,
      Rene'.

Comment

Rene'
        In eSignal 8.0 (or later) you can plot the Forex data transmitted by a single contributor (such as FXCM, GAIN, etc).
        For information on how to do this see the link I provided in my previous reply
        Alex

Comment

Working...
        X