ICE data NO continous contracts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICE data NO continous contracts?

How do I get a continous "ICE wti crude" futures contract with esignal?
    I just switched over from CQG and I was paying about $1150 a month. This included way more data options like continous adjusted, or just rolled over, a whole swath of different things to do with data alone. The point is that I paid someone a bunch of cash to make a custom script for me. It is offered thru CQG but just to use it as an "Add-on" was $650 more.
    The guy finished the script for me - by the way, it was written for esignal, and now it seems I cant get continous charts - especially tick charts that track only the heaviest volume and lead contract, for ICE wti oil.
    I used to trade S&P's and back then I was using esignal which I love most of it - BUT if there is this much of a shortcoming... I realize that for , say, e-mini sp, you can type es #f=2, to get only the daytime session, and in a continous fashion. I dont care about time frames - just someone please tell me there is a way to get older data on wti crude then just the current specified month.
    Thanks for hearing this long winded rant.
    Graham Davis

Graham
    Due to the format of the ICE symbols the 1! user configured continuous contracts are not available in the current release of eSignal.
    eSignal has indicated that this issue will be fixed in the next release of the software. At that time you will be able to create continuous contracts based on your own criteria (including back-adjustments).
    For information on the 1! user configured continuous contracts and how to create them see this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase
    Alex

Comment

hi Alexis

Long time no talk,

I have no idea what you mean with this:

"1! user configured continuous contracts"

I went to the sight that you linked for me and saw that it looks like they are getting on the ball, so - I am a bit confused as I entered ICE wti into the adjustment box. It didnt fix the problem, as I had this bad feeling in my stomach from you're post, even though I was in this new hopefull section in tools.

Bottom line - what kind of time frame are we talking about before this gets resolved (ballpark).

Thanks,

Graham

Comment

Graham
        Unlike the #F continuous contracts (eg ES #F) which are server based and available only for US futures the 1! continuous contracts (eg ES 1!) are instead created locally by the eSignal application and can be configured by the user (for more information on how to use them please reference the article I linked)
        As I indicated in my previous reply the 1! continuous contracts for ICE futures cannot be created in eSignal at this time due to the fact that the format of those symbols is different (the year and month code are reversed respect to other future symbols) and required some changes in the application.
        As to when the next version of the software will be released the answer will have to come from someone at eSignal as I would not know that.
        Alex

Comment

Alexis,

thanks for the time responding, - is there a special department or person that you can recommend that I try to get in touch with in regards to this situation and what kind of eta their talking about?

Best wishes,

Graham Davis

Comment

Graham
            You may want to post your question in the eSignal Beta Testing forum
            Alex

Comment

Graham,

I would like to add to Alexis' information and confirm that 1! does work in 8.1, but no release date has been set as yet. We hope though to be able to release the final version soon. It is currently in beta testing.

Example BRN 1!-ICE

Comment

Working...
              X