Shanghai A Share Index shows wrong value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shanghai A Share Index shows wrong value

eSignal quote panel shows 4293.71 now (June 22 close) but actual close should be 4091.45. Would you pls advise why?

Richard,

$SSEA-IDX is not provided on a real time basis. Depending on the time the screenshot was taken, the value is not necessarily wrong.

From what I can see, the symbol has updated today as it should:

The current delayed price is 4136.61. If you do not see this value, please PM your username, so we can check the server you are connected to. Alternatively, please call the office in London at +44 207 825 8777

Comment

But there are still discrepencies. Pls see below for the actual figure vs eSignal figure.

I understand that the figure is not updated real time but my understanding is that it will be updated everyday so there should only be a few hours of delay. However, the value given by eSignal now is too far away from actual.

last Friday
      - eSignal value: 4293.71
      - Shanghai Share A actual value: 4091.45

today
      - eSignal value: 4136.61
      - actual value: 3941.08

Pls see below for the quotes given by the Bloomberg website
      Last edited by Richard Yu; 06-25-2007, 03:18 AM.

Comment

Richard,

As fas as I understand, you are viewing the data on Yahoo!. Nevertheless, the data should be matching.

The site does though not show the SSE A Share Index, but only the Composite.

$SSEA-IDX matches the SSE A Share Index on the official web site:

3941.08 is the closing value of the Composite Index, not the SSE A Share Index

Comment

I understand now.

Can eSignal cover A Share Index instead of the composite index??? The former one is the one mostly followed in Hongkong/China instead of the latter. thx.

Comment

Richard,

We are currently covering SSE A and SSE B Share Index only. It's planned though to broadcast real time data for the Shanghai Stock Exchange in the near future. Data is currently in development. The symbol for the Composite Index will be $000001-SHG. Please note that although you might be able to see data for the symbol, there is no guarantee that it is necessarily correct as it is still in development.

Comment

Working...
            X