NYMEX/COMEX Options on Globex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYMEX/COMEX Options on Globex

The NYMEX/COMEX have recently started trading futures options electronically around the clock on Globex. Are there new symbols for these on eSignal as I'd like to be able to see these options in an option chain. For instance, the regular, pit-traded symbol for crude oil is "CL", for natural gas is "NG", gold is "GC", and silver is "SI". If I want to see the options for these pit-traded contracts I would enter one of those underlying symbols in an option chain. I know the Globex symbol for silver options is "SO". Does anyone know if eSignal is set up yet for these new contracts? Thank you.

New Symbols For NYMEX Options

Since the NYMEX started trading its futures options electronically on Globex on June 25th, is there going to be new symbols to differentiate it from the pit-traded session? I have been unable to see any of these new options in an option chain that differentiates it from the pit session. Anyone? Thank you.

Comment

Syd697,

The options are currently not available on our feed due to some restrictions to add additional symbols to the network. Hardware upgrade is been installed as I write, and engineers hope to be able to support these new options soon.

I'll add more information as soon as available.

Comment

Great, thanks! I hope it happens soon and that this thread does not get forgotten.

Comment

Hi,

Any update on when/if we'll be able to get option chains for these NYMEX options that now trade electronically thru the CME Globex platform? Have different symbols been created to differentiate these from the pit-traded NYMEX options. These new options launched back in June.

Comment

syd697
            Based on the information provided at the NYMEX On CME Globex web site it would seem that NYMEX/CME are not using different symbols for the options traded on Globex and that they are disseminating only one set of quotes.
            From what I am seeing these quotes appear to match the ones you get in the Option Chain window when inserting the corresponding futures contract (see the following screenshots that show some quotes for the Silver options from NYMEX and from eSignal)
            Alex

Comment

We've confirmed that Alex's findings are correct. The Pit and Globex symbols for these options are one and the same. If we hear of any changes we will be sure to pass this along accordingly.

Thank you,
              Ray P.
              eSignal Support

Comment

Great, thanks! I'll keep an eye on it.

Comment

Working...
                X