Z Futures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z Futures

Is anyone else getting totally brassed off with the data feed on this contract?

It's been over a week now and still we get irratic, unreliable delayed data. Every day we are assured 'Engineers are working on it' - or some such - but nothing changes.

For retail traders who depend on it for a living, you can't help but remark on how damned convenient it must be for the contract market makers and exchange members.

Frankly I've just about had enough of it. My IB feed is not affected in this manner so, if it ain't fixed soon eSignal will lose me as a long-standing customer.
    Nimrod

Nimrod,

The delays generate at the exchange due to increased volume, and there is unfortunately nothing eSignal can do about it at the moment. The engineers at the exchange hope to have the issue solved soon.

IB will be connected to the contributor feed which does not experience delays. We are unfortunately not a broker, so not connected to the contributor feed.

The link below includes more infromation regarding the problem:
    http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...threadid=23314

Comment

Originally posted by Elmar P

.... The engineers at the exchange hope to have the issue solved soon.
      So just how long is 'Soon' likely to be? Its been a further 2 sessions now and STILL the eSignal feed is (conveniently for some) 50-150 ticks behind the real-time action when trading rates reach more than about 1.5 ticks per second. It is impossible to use it like this and I'm throwing good money after bad.

I notice you also appear to have stopped posting the 'delayed' notice on the announcement thread too. Have you any idea just how damned frustrating this is ?

Can I please have something more than 'soon'
      Nimrod

Comment

Dear Nimrod

We are fully aware of the frustration an unreliable data feed can cause. I am afraid we are not able to give you any date for resolution at this point in time. All I can say is that we have been meeting with the Euronext Exchange this week, and have another meeting tomorrow. After this, we will put another update on the other thread which Elmar posted in below.

Please note that eSignal takes data via the recommended data vendor feed (LMF2). Any other vendor / data supplier on LMF2 will be experiencing the same problems. The lags are in no way due to eSignal's network or infrastructure.

We sincerely regret the negative effect this is having on you and other users.

Comment

Do you have an explanation for why this appears to be happening with the Z symbol only?

Again this afternoon, it has been worse than useless for trading.

Would it help for me to discuss this matter with Bloomberg and CNBC because frankly, if exchange members had experienced this sort of problem it would have been fixed immediately or trading stopped. Maybe a bit of adverse publicity would inject a bit of urgency.
          Nimrod

Comment

The delays are occurring on all data from Euronext, not just the FTSE future contract.

This has already escalated right to the top of eSignal / Interactive Data Corporation, and we are keenly working with the Exchange on a daily basis.

Please keep an eye on the other post for updates.

Thanks,

Comment

Working...
            X