ES lagging today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ES lagging today

at 2:30 pm NY time ES from eSig is lagging a few seconds behind real time for me, intermittently.

Re: ES lagging today

Originally posted by checkraise
    at 2:30 pm NY time ES from eSig is lagging a few seconds behind real time for me, intermittently.
    checkraise,

Not sure if this applies specifically to the problem you experienced today.

One thing to consider in any eent is you may want to limit the amount of data loaded into the ES chart.

I have expereinced a similiar issue in the past, when for example I was loading 120 days worth of data into a 1 minute ES #F chart, especially during busy time of the day, I would occasionally see a lag.

If I limited the data loaded to 1-2 days the problem was usually resolved.

Glen
    Glen Demarco
    [email protected]

Comment

Hi demarcog,

Since ES was moving quickly today and this lag came all of a sudden with no changes in my set-up, I thought it might be a server problem that others were experiencing too.

My 1-min ES loads around 1200 bars at startup while the 3-min loads around 600 bars, which seems like a small amount, especially compared to your 120 days of 1-min data. But next time this happens I'll re-template my ES charts to 500-bar charts and see if that makes a difference. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Hmm... just awhile ago and about now... I noticed ES lagging on eSignal too compared to my broker's feed.

Hope eSignal can take a look at any possible causes. It's definitely there for me.

Comment

Yes lag here again today on ES and AB. Nowhere near as bad as the old FOMC lag, but definitely lagging during fast moves.

Comment

Originally posted by checkraise
            Hi demarcog,

Since ES was moving quickly today and this lag came all of a sudden with no changes in my set-up, I thought it might be a server problem that others were experiencing too.

My 1-min ES loads around 1200 bars at startup while the 3-min loads around 600 bars, which seems like a small amount, especially compared to your 120 days of 1-min data. But next time this happens I'll re-template my ES charts to 500-bar charts and see if that makes a difference. Thanks for the suggestion.
            Checkraise,

Thanks for the response, has the problem reoccurred?

BTW, I would frequently forget to change templates (still do) back from the 120 day template max to a more reasonable "real time" span of a few days.

I can't imagine 1200 bars being an issue at all and just thought I'd mention it on the outside chance it was the cause. Hope it gets resolved.

Glen
            Glen Demarco
            [email protected]

Comment

Lag again and again

Well today is August 14th and I too have lag issues (again). I have had them all this month at times when the market moves faster and those fast moves have been the rule and not the exception of late. I was in a trading room the other day and they all were complaining about the lag on their systems from eSignal. This has been going on and we see the problem discussed, but there is no resolution from eSignal. Don't get me wrong, I love the program, but I just wish they would react to this issue.

Comment

Lag in ES and AB around 5 seconds this morning at times. Seems to have gotten worse since this thread started.

Comment

Still lagging for me and other traders. Would like to have a reply here from eSig acknowledging the issue. This thread is over 2 weeks old and we haven't heard a single word.

Comment

Same problem here on the YM.

My esignal charts lag behind my broker data on fast price movement.

I usually scalp with market orders but with esignal tick charts and time and sales being behind the market it's pointless.

Comment

Working...
                    X