eSignal 10 and spreads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eSignal 10 and spreads

Just beginning to investigate spread functionality. It seems some data cannot be pulled for earlier than 12:41 EST.

Individually, all the data is there. [Note this is a different problem than the spread data problem I described earlier with, e.g. no data before Sunday evenings at the start of the new week. This issue resides on new version.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by atlas; 09-04-2007, 03:33 PM.

Atlas,

We received an answer back from the Product Manager about the setting for the spreads. I'll be submitting the request for the start/stop times he mentions in the last paragraph.

Since a user defined spread isn't an actual symbol in specs.tab, the chart is using a default spec for the exchange of the first symbol. Since the first symbol in the spread is from the CME, that's the formatting it uses.

We did this so that a user who does a treasury spread will get the treasury formatting.

One of the things we can look into adding to the spread tool is a default set of start/stop times, but that would be a new feature request and be done as it fits into the development schedule.

AveryH
    eSignal Support

Comment

That is true, both of the symbols are from the CME, They’re saying that in order to display the correct number format they would always using the data format of the first symbol.
      The functionality was added as an enhancement and fix for the spread in the previous version

AveryH
      eSignal Support

Comment

I guess I'm not really concerned about the format. There could be 30 decimal places. It just seems like the times are off.

Comment

I apologize Atlas,

I in my hast I didn't not add that there is a issue with certain set of future symbols when executed in a 1 minute chart. The same affect are not seen when starting with other time intervals and changing to the lower time frame.

Developers are working on a fix for that should come out in an upcoming release.

AveryH
          eSignal Support

Comment

No problem. Glad someone's looking out for us.

Comment

Working...
            X