continuous ICE charts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• continuous ICE charts?

Before - about 1.5 months ago - I inquired about contuous ICE contracts like WTI Crude ( wbs 7v-ice) and was told to wait till version 10 came out.
    Can someone tell me the status of this please?

Thanks,

GDavis01

Graham
    The 1! continuous contracts are available for -ICE futures in version 10.0 (see enclosed screenshot)
    Alex

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me Alexis - can I use this with version 8 as I am having trouble with stability with version 10.

Thanks,

Graham

Comment

Graham
        As far as I know they are available only starting with version 10.0
        Alex

Comment

continuous prices are different

I am wondering how to get control over the month that is displayed when using the 1! continuous feature for wti crude on the ICE exchange. I've included a wbs 7x-ice chart - and a
          wbs 1!-ice chart. As far as I know the Nov contract is still the lead option. So, how to control?

Thanks,

Graham
          Attached Files

Comment

Graham
            You control that by changing the number in the symbol ie 1! is for the front month contract, 2! is the next forward contract, 3! the one after etc
            For information on the user configured contracts and instructions on how to use them see this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase
            Alex

Originally posted by GDAVIS01
            I am wondering how to get control over the month that is displayed when using the 1! continuous feature for wti crude on the ICE exchange. I've included a wbs 7x-ice chart - and a
            wbs 1!-ice chart. As far as I know the Nov contract is still the lead option. So, how to control?

Thanks,

Graham

Comment

!

Alex, Once again - you're the best.

G

Comment

Graham
                Thank you for the compliment.
                Have a great weekend
                Alex

Comment

I realized after looking at the link you gave me about the continuous charts, that I had a problem that I was looking to solve.
                  It seems the 2! goes out in the future by one series - compared to 1!.
                  I am looking for something that will go back wards; let me explain;

I wanted to see the closing price of the contract of wbs 7x-ice and the settlement of the Nov continuous contract - the same.
                  If you know a way of doing that...

I'll probably talk to you Monday. You have a great weekend likewise.

Thanks,

Graham

PS - There is one thing I should have mentioned; WTI Crude rolls every month 4 days business days to the 25th. In this case that would be today. But I don't understand how the November contract settled today and that all I can come up with (for continuous contracts) is the 2! for the month of Jan.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by GDAVIS01; 10-19-2007, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Graham

PS - There is one thing I should have mentioned; WTI Crude rolls every month 4 days business days to the 25th. In this case that would be today. But I don't understand how the November contract settled today and that all I can come up with (for continuous contracts) is the 2! for the month of Jan.
                    As I understand it the contract does not roll over 4 business day prior to the 25th but ceases trading on the close of the 4th business day prior to the 25th which is not quite the same. Here is the exact wording from ICE's spec sheet for that contract
                    Trading shall cease at the close of business four U.S. business day prior to the 25th calendar day of the month preceding the contract month.
                    Based on your description of what you are seeing you have set the roll over in eSignal to -4 Business days from the 25th of the Previous Month which is one day early compared to ICE's specs. With that setting the chart for WBS 1! will correctly begin tracking the December contract on Friday the 19th of October and the WBS 2! symbol will track the next forward month which at that point is January.

I wanted to see the closing price of the contract of wbs 7x-ice and the settlement of the Nov continuous contract - the same. If you know a way of doing that...
                    Set the roll over to -3 Business days prior to the 25th of the Previous Month. This means that for Friday 19th the WBS 1! charts will still track the November contract (hence include its Settlement) and WBS 2! will display the December contract (see enclosed screenshots showing the WBS 1! and WBS 2! contracts and the contracts they are tracking respectively ie November and December)
                    Then on Monday the 22nd WBS 1! will roll over to the December contract while WBS 2! will roll to the January contract.
                    Alex

Comment

Thanks you very much for all that - bu t- I am having constant problems with the system crashing (only esignal) and It's a constant pain. I have an 8 screen system but currently only have 4 going. here is a shot of 1 screen - do you think I am overloading the system. I dont thing the actual computer is overloaded becasue I have a very powerfull system I just put together within the last week. I noticed before that version 8 seemed more stable - but then I loss some capability.

Worst case senerio : I have to scale back to ver 8. Should I start from scratch and reload everthing all over again OR should I try to save some of the charts, layouts, time frames, default charts and all that good stuff. I dont know haow to save these things to make the transition really smooth. I have saved pages before but it has always been cumbersome - due to not knowing how to save everthing.

If you know of any fixes for this ver 10 that would be great if not please advise if I should completly reinstall ver 8 from scratch and not copy anything over from 10.

Comment

FWIW, I'm also seeing eSignal crashes several times a day on version 10.

Can't recall that hapening on earllier versions at all.

Thanks,

Glen
                        Glen Demarco
                        [email protected]

Comment

Graham
                          You should be able to reinstall 8.0 on top of 10.0. I have done that multiple times without any issues during the beta testing stage.
                          If on the other hand you would rather install 8.0 from scratch then you may want to first review this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase. Even though the article deals with copying files from one PC to another it will also provide you with the list of files that you may want to preserve when uninstalling 10.0. Then for the instructions on how to completely uninstall eSignal see this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase
                          Regardless of which way you proceed I would suggest running a backup of the files listed in the first article I linked
                          Alex

Originally posted by GDAVIS01
                          Thanks you very much for all that - bu t- I am having constant problems with the system crashing (only esignal) and It's a constant pain. I have an 8 screen system but currently only have 4 going. here is a shot of 1 screen - do you think I am overloading the system. I dont thing the actual computer is overloaded becasue I have a very powerfull system I just put together within the last week. I noticed before that version 8 seemed more stable - but then I loss some capability.

Worst case senerio : I have to scale back to ver 8. Should I start from scratch and reload everthing all over again OR should I try to save some of the charts, layouts, time frames, default charts and all that good stuff. I dont know haow to save these things to make the transition really smooth. I have saved pages before but it has always been cumbersome - due to not knowing how to save everthing.

If you know of any fixes for this ver 10 that would be great if not please advise if I should completly reinstall ver 8 from scratch and not copy anything over from 10.

Comment

Working...
                          X