Eurex lagging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eurex lagging

Difficult to see how many seconds, but too many to give a comfortable feeling in following your charts.

This is following the rallies after 4 pm CET / 10 am ET.

Please fix this.

Edo.

The lag differs: it took eSignal 30 seconds to report a new low, but then an immediate 2nd new low was reported after a few seconds.

It's worthless like this, if ticks are not reported correctly, how are tickcharts suppose to give valuable information?

Edo.

Comment

It's not just Eurex, CAC40 future seems to be having the same problems.

Edo.

Comment

This delays relates to the ongoing issues with the European Futures data as discussed on this thread. We continue our work to minimize the impact that these delays can have until we can get a complete solution in place.
        Regards,
        Jay F.
        Product Manager

Comment

Dear Jay,

To be the leading real-time quote service does not only mean to have the largest customer base. eSignal should also take leading steps to make sure that we can lead new customers to eSignal with all confidence in our heart that they will remain satisfied.

It is very difficult for existing customers to recommend eSignal at this moment, and an increasing number of people who ask me for advice do start with DTN.IQ, because in all honesty I cannot say that I am satisfied with the level of quality of data.

With all due respect, it is now more than 5 months since European data was switched to new systems.

It is very hard to accept that issues are still not solved, although I do admit the problems are smaller then they were before.

I would appreciate if you, or somebody else from eSignal can give an update as to what is the planning and the course of actions to be taken in order to solve this matter for once and for all.

Looking forward to here from you or somebody else.

Regards,

Edo van der Zouwen.

Comment

4pm London Time

At 4pm London Time the Lag Was Back!!!

This looks like the same eSignal house keeping problem (u do something on the hour that takes away our bandwidth or cpu). It was very noticeable today as the market suddenly became more active at that time - I waited for an hour and then missed a trade because of the lag.

Not good.

Should be fixed by now. Its over 6 months. "Working on it" is neither credible anymore or fair to us as customers.

Comment

The good news is that we are very close to releasing the improved configuration for Eurex and a few other regional exchanges ( Xetra, Frankfurt, etc ). We've been QA'g this new configuration for quite some time and we're very pleased to report we should be able to launch it w/in 10 days or so. Once this new set-up is in place, should take 2-3 more weeks to do the same for LIFFE and Euronext. At that point, like SIMEX, IPE and LME, all our European futures will be optimally configured.

Once the new Eurex set-up is in production, we'll post again to let you all know.

Thanks,

Comment

Hi Scott,

This is very good news indeed.

Thanks for the update.

Regards,

Edo.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJ
                  The good news is that we are very close to releasing the improved configuration for Eurex and a few other regional exchanges ( Xetra, Frankfurt, etc ). We've been QA'g this new configuration for quite some time and we're very pleased to report we should be able to launch it w/in 10 days or so. Once this new set-up is in place, should take 2-3 more weeks to do the same for LIFFE and Euronext. At that point, like SIMEX, IPE and LME, all our European futures will be optimally configured.

Once the new Eurex set-up is in production, we'll post again to let you all know.

Thanks,
                  We're looking at converting Eurex this weekend, if all goes well with continued testing. I'll update again either at the end of this week or early next week when we get more definitive information.

Thanks.

Comment

Eurex conversion to take place on Monday night (6/23/03). Going forward, please use the symbol $DAXI for the DAX index. For more information, please see the Eurex notice in the announcement area.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X