Fx TDFX Feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fx TDFX Feed

Can anyone from eSignal tell me why TDFX continually gaps? It's been happening today as well as yesterday.

It seems anytime there is a sudden move in price, TDFX will stop and then gap when the next bar starts...

I can confirm this, the gaps last about 5 mins each, and it started yesterday. It seems to be an eSignal problem, i recieve quotes from the broker directly during these outages just fine. All symbols from TDFX are affected. Other FX contributors are fine. Please fix.
    Last edited by Purri; 10-16-2007, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Hi Purri and Bugscoe,
      Thank you for the post and we have done some spot checks and have confirmed that the TDFX contributor does have some gaps in its data feed. Most prevalent being from 7:06 to 7:11 am PST, there were comments that your broker does not show the same gaps in their charts. It would be good to know if they are using the same single contributor of TDFX or the composite symbol which encompasses more contributors and data. Please check with you broker to see if they are indeed using the single contributor symbol (EUR@TDFX A0-FX) or the composite symbol.

AveryH
      eSignal Support

Comment

Avery: MBTrading/EFX is the actual source of the TDFX-data, it is the same tick for tick. Their platform had no problem showing quotes during the time in question. From that i deduct that the problem must be on esignals part.

Here is a chart that illustrates how those gaps look from my perspective:

http://img151.imageshack.us/my.php?i...naltdfxmh4.jpg

Comment

Situation is the same like yesterday and the day before. Could eSignal acknowlege that theres a problem and it is being looked into?

Comment

Hi Purri,
            Our Data Engineers are currently looking into a possible problem being experienced between TDFX and our vendor GTIS. Once we have more information we will update this post.

We apologize for any inconvenience this is causing and appreciate your patience while we continue to investigate.

AveryH
            eSignal Support

Comment

The situation has gotten better, but there are still small outages, especially noticeable on JPY@TDFX A0-FX

Comment

Working...
              X