Esignal Globex e-minis lagging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Esignal Globex e-minis lagging

I'm not sure if anyone has noticed this but I had ES lag by as much as 2 points around 30mins ago. This actually caused me to miss a trade as I had not been aware that it was lagging.

Hello Anson,
    We've received no reports of lagging from the Network Operators or clients on the ES this morning.

If you suspect the data is lagging at anytime please contact Support so they can check which servers you're connected to for possible problems or internet troubleshooting for connections issues.

AveryH
    eSignal Support

Comment

ahodgee,

Were there any changes of any sort made on eSignal's end between last Friday (Oct 19th) and this Monday (Oct 22nd)?

My problems only started on Monday and are still plaguing me today. It's on and off... sometimes the lag is minimal and sometimes its as bad as 15secs!

I haven't made ANY changes to my system over the weekend. I have scanned anyway for trojans, spyware and viruses and found nothing. I've been using the same old firewall but changing to windows firewall did nothing to help either.

Did eSignal do anything at all since late last week on the server side that may have affected connections or compatibility with eSginal ver. 8.01? (02/8/2007)

I'm almost at my wit's end. I'm pretty proficient with computers and software and have never encountered such a problem with eSignal either. Sure we get the occasional spike lag due to high volume etc but not a consistent on and off lag that plagues me for 3 days!

How do I know it's eSignal that's lagging? Because it's consistently trailing my broker's quotes/DOM and plays catch up when the figures change so I can track which is lagging which.

Pls help!

Comment

I complete uninstalled eSignal... installed eSignal ver 10 and copied some of my charts over etc and the same problem still plagues me. Sigh.

Comment

Hi Anson,

In order for us to properly troubleshoot and diagnose this issue, it's best if you work directly with one of our Technicians. You can find our Contact info here:

http://www.esignalcentral.com/suppor...ct/default.asp

We look forward to resolving this matter.

Thank you,
          Ray P.
          eSignal Support

Comment

data issues

I've been having the same problem fo a week or two now when markets get really active. Esignal servers must be having a problem handling the data??? can we change servers?? Please fix esignal...really don't want to have to switch charting platforms.

Comment

Ray, I did try but was put on hold for several minutes and there's no hint of how long one has to wait. Calls from Asia aren't exactly cheap!

I'd like to ask if the way eSignal sends its data has been changed. I have noticed pauses between price and volume updates up to 6 seconds long and anywhere from 200 to 1000 lots traded in that time period. This was a completely blank page setup with only a quote screen and only 2 products quoted. The thing is this is not consistent! Sometimes it lags and sometimes it seems fine!

The one thing I know for sure is that when I have issues... my T&S requests take a lot longer to process and trades that were previously not shown pop in on a refresh.

Has eSignal changed the way realtime data is streamed recently? If it was my connection... my broker quotes should be having issues too.

Originally posted by Ray P.
              Hi Anson,

In order for us to properly troubleshoot and diagnose this issue, it's best if you work directly with one of our Technicians. You can find our Contact info here:

http://www.esignalcentral.com/suppor...ct/default.asp

We look forward to resolving this matter.

Thank you,
              Ray P.
              eSignal Support
              Last edited by Anson; 10-25-2007, 07:33 AM.

Comment

I have spoken to Tracy on the tech support line. She has gone thru most of the steps I've done and basically all that remains now is a System Restore. I'm going to give it a shot. But if it doesn't help... then I don't know what else to do. I honestly like the eSignal application but sadly I may have to look at other options now if this can't be resolved. Hope it works.
                Last edited by Anson; 10-25-2007, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Hi Anson and Johawk

Our Network and QA Departments are investigating this problem. Once we get more information we will update you.

AveryH
                  eSignal Support

Comment

In our ongoing effort to improve the stability and speed of our network, we’re continually making adjustment and changes to the servers and data lines. Over the weekend changes were made that we hope will alleviate the report of latency of data. We will continue to monitor the data feeds but should you continue to experience latency issues please contact Technical Support.
                    Technical Support can be contacted via LiveRep or phone.

AveryH
                    eSignal Support

Comment

ahodgee,

Thank you for the update and the fix.
                      That was a terrible 5 days for me as I re-installed eSignal multiple times, defragged my hdd, scanned for viruses and spyware, changed firewalls, uninstalled junk and more to try and fix the lag.

Not to mention the profits I missed out on.
                      I hope it stays fine from here on!

Comment

Working...
                      X