Data delay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data delay

Im having problems with data, it is 1,2 seconds delayed when the markets are (very) active comparing to Interactive Brokers. The customer support says it has something to do with my ISP (ping test is good) and/or because the data has to come overseas. (i live in the Netherlands). Are you guys familair with this problem for european customers? Are you working on this (known) issue?

regards

Sebastian,

When you are saying you experience delays during busy market hours, where do you see a delay, e.g. Quote Window (i.e. DataManager) or Chart window?

Basically, in order to check whether there is a delay, we will first need to compare the data from your Broker to the DataManager. If the data is updating simulaneously, but delayed in e.g. your chart window, that would indicate that although the data is coming in real time from eSignal, there is a delay somewhere between the DataManager and the chart itself. This could then likely be e.g. your ISP, the way you connect to the Internet (Router), Firewall etc.

Please send me a private message including your username and I will contact you for further troubleshooting.
    Christine B.
    eSignal

Comment

Similar problem

Dear Christine,

Since two weeks I am using esignal and Interactive Brokers (IB)together to trade the US markets.

I have noticed that esignal is at least two seconds late compaired to IB data when high volume comes into the market.

I am using esignal version 8 and data manager 8.1. I use the esignal plug in to trade from esignal with IB as my broker. Also I am an overseas trader.
      Because esignal data is 2 seconds late my entries are out of line. So for the time being I am looking at the bid and ask on IB to enter my trades, but of course I rather rely on esignal as my main focuspoint.

How can we solve this data issue?

Kind regards,

Thevinman

Comment

thevinman,

I would like to suggest you contact us directly so we can check your connection and compare the data.

We offer 24/5 support so you should be able to get hold of us regardless which timezone you are in.

Please feel free to send me a private message including your username and I will have a look into your connection from my end.

thank you,
        Christine B.
        eSignal

Comment

Hi All,

I am also living overseas and having the same problem. Any solutions to it ? Please let me know. I can not trade with 2 secs. of delay.

Thanks
          Umit

Comment

Those earlier reports were from some 9 months ago and may not be relevant to your current situation. Please contact us directly to troubleshoot.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X