eCBOT mini symbols move to Globex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eCBOT mini symbols move to Globex

I got the notice below from my broker about the mini eCBOT contracts moving to the Globex trading platform on Jan 11. Is there going to be any symbol changes in eSignal? What about exchange fee changes?

================================
    E-cbot Ags and Equities to migrate to Globex platform

Effective after the close of trading on Friday, January 11th, E-cbot Agricultural and Equity products (both futures and options) will no longer trade on the E-cbot platform as these products will migrate to the Globex trading platform. This will include the Minneapolis and Kansas City Ag products. All current Mtrade symbols will stay the same with the only changes being the symbols for the AIG Commodity Index (AW), mini-soybeans (XK) and Ethanol (EH). In Mtrade we will disable the E-cbot Grain and Equity symbols so that there is no confusion. The ZC (E-cbot) symbol will become ZC (GBX). There is no change in the price formatting for futures contracts.

Patrick256,
    Thank you for the post. Here is a post which should explain the changes that will be coming at the end of the week from the CBOT.

AveryH
    eSignal Support

Comment

I am looking at adding the delayed futures to my account. The eSignal web page for the delayed futures shows the time delay but does not describe any other difference. Are the real-time feed and delayed futures feed the same other than the time delay? Do we use the same symbols and features in the eSignal 10 charting package?

Thanks

Comment

Patrick,

the application including all features will remain exactly the same. The only difference is indeed the time delay of the data for those exchanges which are included in the delayed bundle.
        Christine B.
        eSignal

Comment

Originally posted by ahodgee

Thank you for the post. Here is a post which should explain the changes that will be coming at the end of the week from the CBOT.
          Since CME and CBOT merged together, will the YM and/or other CBOT E-minis be available in the CME E-mini package?

Is the YM just available in the full CBOT package?

Thanks for your clarifications

Peter

Comment

We are curious about that as well but the exchange has not made any announcement in that regard. For now, they are offering three packages: CBOT, CME and CME eminis.

If they make that change, we'd support it as well.

Thanks.

Comment

Is there any news if and when the YM will be part of the emini package?
              follow the white rabbit

Comment

Not that we are aware of. I tend to think they'd give the current pricing structure at least a few months (if not a year) before making other changes but that's just a personal observation.

Thanks.

Comment

I asked directly by the CME-Group, here their response:

We have plans for an e-mini package in the future. Presently, no such package is available.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your patience during this time of transition.

Please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Service line, noted below, if you have any further questions.

Thank You.
                  CME Group
                  Customer Service Team
                  (800) 331-3332

Comment

Working...
                  X