YM H8 daily bar on 01/14 is not correct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YM H8 daily bar on 01/14 is not correct

YM H8 daily bar on 01/14 is not correct.
    Attached Files

clearpicks,

yesterdays (14/Jan) bar for YM H8 / YM #F is indeed incorrect; I passed this on to our engineers who are currently investigating the problem. We are going to correct the data shortly.

thank you for reporting the issue.
    Christine B.
    eSignal

Comment

Christine ,

Thank you for the reply. The daily bar of today (01/15) is not correct either. It seems eSignal just can not build the correct daily bar for the current day after the night trading session starts which results a new bar corresponding to tomorrow.

Before v10, eSignal was not able to build the last bar in the evening either but there was no bar corresponding to tomorrow was drawn. If I remember it correctly, it took the open price of the night session (which should be the open price of tomorrow's bar) as the open price of today's bar, and almost always showed today's bar as a doji (because there is little price difference during the short exchange down period). The last daily bar was not correctly displayed untill the morning of the next trading day.

After I installed eSignal v10, I thought this problem had been fixed because I saw a new bar is drawn in the evening corresponding to tomorrow. Maybe it just never showed the last two bars correctly and I just did not notice it.

Another screenshot is attached.

- Clearpicks

Originally posted by Christine B
      clearpicks,

yesterdays (14/Jan) bar for YM H8 / YM #F is indeed incorrect; I passed this on to our engineers who are currently investigating the problem. We are going to correct the data shortly.

thank you for reporting the issue.
      Attached Files

Comment

screenshot of YM 1min chart, at 17:50, there is a bar with OHLC all at 12216. At 18:00 there is a bar with
        high = 12246
        low =12221

On the daily chart,

01/17 daily bar

high = 12256, which is the high at 18:42 on 1min chart
        open = 12221, which is the low at 18:00 on 1min chart
        low = 12221, which is also the low at 18:00 on 1min chart
        close = 12216, which is the price at 17:50 on 1min chart, close is even lower than day's low

01/18 daily bar ( captured at 21:51 EST

open = 12221, which is the low at 18:00 on 1min chart
        high = 12290
        low = 12221, which is the low at 18:00 on 1min chart
        close = 12281

It is obvious that something is wrong.
        Attached Files

Comment

daily screenshot with cursor locked on 0117
          Attached Files

Comment

daily screenshot with cursor locked at 01/18 bar