E-Mini Volume Charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-Mini Volume Charts

Looking for the reason that my volume charts aren't coming up. Other intervals seem to be working. I'll give rebooting another try... Thanks

PS -- I'm working with YM #F, YM U8
    /r trc

try tools/ Tick Replay / Tick downloader / select enough days to cover the range you want in the chart. Note that it can be slow to download.
    Of late this seems often to be the only way to get the data reliably into a volume chart. May depend on the server you get, who knows, eSignal don't seem interested.

Comment

David thanks for the reply. My goal is intraday trading, so I'm not interested in downloading ticks. (I've also used that function).

I use interval chats that look like 1000V or 4000V. Thats what I mean by volume charts.

I'm surprised I didn't receive an answer here, guess there is always tradestation.
      /r trc

Comment

I think you'll find that volume charts are based on tick data (can't check as I write this). Think about it, if they weren't there would not be any way of determining the true end / start of the bars?

However, I can assure you that the solution does work, I use the same types of intervals you mention and I use the method described to make the chart data appear.

As for "my goal is intraday trading, so I'm not interested in downloading ticks", not sure I get the point, as I would have said that ticks are somewhat important to intraday trading. Unless you don't appreciate that the download "primes" the live chart?

Comment

Working...
        X