SLOW...Esignal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLOW...Esignal

Well here we go again....Esignal prices are lagging the S&P 500 e-Mini Futures AGAIN....if I didn't have other systems I would be going ballistic right now....Time I noticed the price lags started was 10:34 am .....will it ever be rectified.....

SLOW...Esignal

I also should have mentioned in my last post, That it was not a fast moving market relatively speaking, which just makes you wonder what's going on....I'm starting to feel like an idiot for using this system as my primary.

Comment

slow!!!!

Us too-- 3 of us trade together in different parts of the country and Skype all day. esignal said to us that there was a problem last week and have not heard back. Also no response to calls and emails to our sales guy in Chicago since the admission there was a problem---Looks like we are going to Trade Station---What do you recommend???

Comment

ALL real-time data suppliers have problems at one time or another. There are no exceptions.

What are you going to do when your next data provider disappoints you? Switch from them too? You'll can count the number of of high quality real-time tick-based data providers in the world on one hand. eSignal is easily in the top 2.

Comment

We have had some issues this week (especially with CME contracts) and we have all resources working to resolve them ASAP.

We will continue to work over the weekend to insure these problems are resolved by Monday.

SteveH: appreciate the perspective.

Thanks.

Comment

We will continue to work over the weekend to insure these problems are resolved by Monday.
            So I take it:

1) The Wednesday night fix for Thursday (CME Feed specific) did not work and it is still broken (or the problem fixed was not the significant problem)

2) There has not been a fix Thursday night for Friday

So, especially for CME/ES, there is no expected improvement for today (Friday) and we might as well not trade?

Comment

SteveH

Originally posted by SteveH
              ALL real-time data suppliers have problems at one time or another. There are no exceptions.

What are you going to do when your next data provider disappoints you? Switch from them too? You'll can count the number of of high quality real-time tick-based data providers in the world on one hand. eSignal is easily in the top 2.
              SteveH,
              Over the last 18 years I have used, Bloomberg, Track Data, ILX, Bridge Systems, Aspin Graphics, Goldman Sachs Redi System,Tradestation, Reuters, eSignal, and a couple of others I can't even remember, and indeed everyone of them has had "issues" with their data feeds, for people who have been around for a while the phrase "its a street wide issue" will ring a bell....However, the manner in which these other vendors deal with the occasional data feed issues is what set the pro's apart from retail clientel vendors. I can ASSURE you that eSignal is FAR from being in the top 2 providers.....If it were, it would actually be on most of the trading desks of the major brokerage houses (its not) and it would be on the trading desks of most of the Hedge funds out there (its not) now before you reference someone who says they have it at xyz brokerage house, let me be clear, there's always someone at a hedge fund or a brokerage house that has used and likes eSignal, and hence they might have it, as in a couple of people....not as in the firm uses it as a primary (or secondary default system)

I have used eSignal for sometime, only because I liked their charting features, which some of the more rock solid data providers were unable to provide (years ago), but I have NEVER depended on eSignal soley, I currently run Tradestation and the Goldman Sachs Redi System along side eSignal, and have both high band width DSL and Cable, not to mention back up power amongst other things.

Lastly, how many times do you think a firm on wall street would tolerate these slow data issues......I've been there and I know the answer.

Comment

A number of changes were put in place last night and the performance of CME data was better today. Still saw some issues but far better overall. We are also working with the CME on an issue we discovered in the circuits that deliver data from them. They (CME) verified the issue and are working with our engineers to resolve this weekend.

As we suspected early on, there hasn't been a lone cause for these delays but we've steadily made progress improving each segment and are certainly expecting better performance next week, including Monday.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X