Continued Slow/Bad Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continued Slow/Bad Data

It's beginning to be a moot point to mention this anymore. But, once again ES #F was lagging IB's data by more than 10 seconds this morning.
    example: 10:05 (eastern time)opening price;

eSignal ..... 1286.50
    IB ..... 1289.25

Just keeping you other readers informed.

kdh,

Which version of eSignal charting are you using?

[I hope it's vers 10 because vers 8.2 hasn't been giving me those problems since I 'downgraded' from there]

Comment

Hi Steve,
      I'm using version 8.0. I don't think what I am seeing is a version problem. The data is not only delayed, but is permanately incorrect. Reloading, even days later, does not ever show the correct prices at specific times.
      For whatever reason, during high volume times, eSignal has bad/delayed data. They may, in fact, be delivering that data to us in a timely manner, but that data is old and wrong.
      This didn't used to happen and now happens regularly. I believe that eSignal knows exactly what is going on and simply is not willing to undo whatever they did.
      Thanks for asking, though. This is very frustrating.

Comment

kdh05,

Most of the issues over the past two weeks have in fact been on our end and have resulted in delays when trading volumes spike. We've had general issues that have impacted any and all instruments and we've had a number of specific CME-related issues as well.

Our engineering teams have been working to address the "spikes" ever since they started and we have made significant improvements in a number of network segments. We have more improvements coming this week and several other projects slated for the next 3-4 weeks that would get us even further ahead of the curve. We think next week will be much better but extreme market volatility could be a wild card until all our enhancements are in production.

In terms of historical data, if you were on 10.0 and using our latest time and sales window, you would see that our data appears just fine. With 10.xx, the history records include the actual exchange time-stamp and not the "system" time that might reflect delays. We are close to going live with 10.1 so I'd wait for that version to upgrade.

Thanks for your continued patience. We're confident that these issues will quickly be behind us.

Comment

Slow data

I'm sorry but your companies only function is to get me raw and accurate data. And you cant do that? I have had slow data in the morning for the last 3 weeks now and I have had it. I scalp ES, and I can not afford 1-2 delays. I contacted tech support 4 times already and finally asked customer service this morning for a month credit for this crappy service. They agreed to a $25.00 credit. You have got to be kidding me. This slow data cost me almost $200 last week on a bad entry. this is how I make my living and even this morning, once again I couldnt trade, due to the slow data. No big deal, I can get the same charts on Sierra for $26/mo. I just have to get used to their time/sales(it sucks).

Comment

Cost you Only $200.....TRY $20000

Well then imagine how I feel using eSignal........

Comment

Working...
            X