Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed with historical data

Hi,

I am new to Esignal. I am having some problems getting historical data on a 133 tick e-mini Russell chart. I have changed the time template and requested 8 days of data, but the charts is only showing a few minutes of data.

Is there anywhere I can find out what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

stevenuk
    Make sure that the Time Template is set to load the desired number of days for the specific tick-based interval (see enclosed example)
    For more information on Time Templates you may want to see this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase
    Alex

Originally posted by stevenuk
    Hi,

I am new to Esignal. I am having some problems getting historical data on a 133 tick e-mini Russell chart. I have changed the time template and requested 8 days of data, but the charts is only showing a few minutes of data.

Is there anywhere I can find out what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

Comment

I have gone into time templates, set the type to user defined, put '133t' in the interval box, and 8 in the days box. Then clicked update/add, but I am not getting any extra history. I'm a bit lost now.

Comment

stevenuk
        Try setting it up as shown in the screenshot and not using 133T
        When you set the interval to T all xxxT intervals will be using that setting (the enclosed image shows a 133T chart for AB #F created using the suggested Time Template)
        Alex

I have gone into time templates, set the type to user defined, put '133t' in the interval box, and 8 in the days box. Then clicked update/add, but I am not getting any extra history. I'm a bit lost now.

Comment

OK, I have done exactly what is written in the instructions. And the chart has no historical data on it at all. Is there a problem with my software do you think?

Comment

stevenuk
            Did you also apply the Time Template to the chart (right click on chart, select Time Templates and then select the Time Template which includes the defined interval)?
            Can you post an image of the chart in which the text at the top left of the chart (that includes the symbol, etc) is clearly legible.
            Also you may want to try contacting Live Rep as they are best equipped to determine what the problem may be and to provide a solution
            Alex

OK, I have done exactly what is written in the instructions. And the chart has no historical data on it at all. Is there a problem with my software do you think?

Comment

I don't know how to post an image.

I'm new to Esignal and the forum so it's taking me a while to get my head round it all.

Comment

stevenuk
                Right click on the chart, select Send Image To -> Local File then fill in the required boxes (saving the image to My Documents) and click OK as shown in the enclosed animation.
                Once you have done that attach the image to your post using the Attach File option that is displayed in the page in which you compose the message to be posted in this forum
                As I said before you may also want to try to contact Live Rep. To do this select Customer Support-> Live Rep from the main menu of the eSignal program
                Alex

I don't know how to post an image.

I'm new to Esignal and the forum so it's taking me a while to get my head round it all.

Comment

Sorry for the delay in replying. I am all sorted now, so thank you very much for your help, it's much appreciated.

Comment

stevenuk
                    You are most welcome and I am glad to hear that you sorted it out
                    Alex

Sorry for the delay in replying. I am all sorted now, so thank you very much for your help, it's much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                    X