No announcement yet.

NQ #F and NQ M8 don't match each other again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting. Which was frozen in this case? In past instances, is the frozen symbol the #F one or the month designate or has it been either? How long does it freeze for? Does it suddenly start to update again or do you have to "do something"?

This issue doesn't sound like a systemic problem and more likely related to some desktop issue or corruption. Have you tried creating a new page/layout since you started seeing this?

Thanks.

Comment

ES #F is frozen.

Once I found it frozen, I captured the screens, posted them here and then reloaded the chart. So I didn't really sit there trying to observe how much time it took to restore to normal situation again.

Anyway, forget about this as I will write the code myself.

Comment

I was thinking on this one a bit more and I think I have a much easier solution for you.

Simply set-up a user-defined spread of ES M8 - ES #F. The result will be 0. Then, set an alert off the last of .01 and -.01. If those two symbols ever drift, it should trigger an alert. You'll then need to update that spread symbol when the #F symbol rolls to the next month.

In the end, while this alert should give you some piece of mind, it's still important to figure out what the underlying problem is and resolve it. Frozen symbols tend to be a desktop issue. Corrupted page/layout/quote window sort of thing.

Edit: I've let that new spread run since my posting 40 mins ago and it's been a constant of 0 so far, as it should be.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X