Lagging Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lagging Data

My charts were lagging IB all day long today. Anyone else have this issue today ?

We were very quiet today and I saw no other reports of data delays. Our systems are running quite well right now and we're not seeing any lagging in our network logs. Can you describe what you were seeing in a bit more detail? Symbols, amount of lag, looking at charts or quote window, etc.

Please keep in mind that IB pulses their data so they don't send each tick, like we do.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi There,

Thanks for your forum post.

We are not, currently experiencing any difficulties with our system.

Could you please advise, which symbol are you using?

Please also, call through to our support desk, should you continue to experience difficulties:
      Sydney Support: +61 8668 1600
      London Support: +44 207 825 8777
      Hayward Support: +1 510 264 1700

Kind Regards,

Comment

Lag

I was watching the QQQQ most of the day. eSignal was 5 to 10 seconds behind my IB quotes. Other symbols that come to mind are NVDA and SNDK.

Also, time and sales/quote sheets and charts were not matching up... on and off all day long.

I'm watching 1, 3 and 5 minute charts with one time and sales and one level II.

I had a few cable issues today so maybe that was the cause.

Thanks

Comment

Thanks for the specifics. If you see the problem again, try opening the Windows task manager and check CPU usage. Are you seeing any spiking towards 80-100%?

Also, if you jump on LiveRep and give your username, we can check to see if we're dropping any packets in our connection to you. Both those two pieces of information would help us provide some possible solutions.

Lastly, we'll be posting a release candidate for 10.1 this week that contains a number of desktop optimization improvements. I'd recommend you trying that version if the lags continue. Watch these forums for the announcement.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi

Yesterday i had also lagging data again. It depends for me on wich DM i am. If the data is lagging, try to restart the DM. Sometimes it hooks you up with another DM server. I know it is a strange way but it's the only way.

Comment

Lagging Again

I had more lagging data issues today. This time on a different machine using the new version 10.1.

Charts were lagging behind IB quotes by 5 or 6 points at times.
              At times it felt like the charts were just stuck.

Symbols: QQQQ, JWN, JCP, LEN, CELG

It's hard to trade when your charts don't match your quotes.

Thanks

Comment

lowrider,

Can you speak to the suggestions/comments offered earlier? 10.1 is just one piece of the puzzle so if you are still seeing delays, something else is going on.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X