Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10.0 and the "Quotes and Trades" Server entitlement = no sub 1 min data for US Stocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10.0 and the "Quotes and Trades" Server entitlement = no sub 1 min data for US Stocks

Another little riddle finally solved, thank you Kevin in UK TS.

$SPX 1min adv chart = OK, as is 1min IBM and 1 min ES #f

Change to 20S and the $SPX and IBM no longer work.

My first call to TS got the usual "restart" response plus the subsequent rider that, as we can't reproduce it we can't report it to server support as a bug (although I did after some minutes of persuasion get the support man to see my point of view that just because it worked for him it didn't mean there wasn't a bug that could be removed). And when will eSignal learn that sometimes (quite often really) when you have a bunch of charts open you don't want to close them (especially when processing unrecoverable bid ask data), really you just want to get on and use the product that you have paid money for and for them to cure the problems not just suggest temporary symptom fixes.

However, later it was worth the 20 minute hold time to speak to someone who did have the will to find a cause. It turns out that 10.0 will not pull sub 1 minute (say 20S) from the "Quotes and Trades" servers for the US stocks (IBM tested) or $SPX. But ES does work it seems.

Although the situation is further complicated by the fact that I don't seem to be entitled for $SPX anyway, so shouldn't even be getting the 1min chart. C'est la vie.
Working...
X