Fri 11th July - 3 and 8 min data gaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fri 11th July - 3 and 8 min data gaps

See DD chart shows 3 and 8 min gaps around 15:00 EST on Friday 11th, and that included the high of the day.

The chart was drawn at the weekend (ie not "live" data).

And having a quick look at IBM and DOW I also see the 8min gap, so presumably occured on other stocks too?

Stockcharts has the data for DD at least, so can't be a complete "exchange" fallover (and I don't think they correct intraday errors, so must have had a continuous feed).

What happened?
    Attached Files

Re: Fri 11th July - 3 and 8 min data gaps

Dave180
    The data for those periods seems to be available at my end so it could be a server related issue.
    Try closing down both eSignal and the Data Manager and restarting them after a few seconds. If that does not resolve the issue contact LiveRep who can determine where you are connecting to and redirect you if necessary
    Alex

Originally posted by Dave180
    See DD chart shows 3 and 8 min gaps around 15:00 EST on Friday 11th, and that included the high of the day.

The chart was drawn at the weekend (ie not "live" data).

And having a quick look at IBM and DOW I also see the 8min gap, so presumably occured on other stocks too?

Stockcharts has the data for DD at least, so can't be a complete "exchange" fallover (and I don't think they correct intraday errors, so must have had a continuous feed).

What happened?

Comment

Thanks Alexis.

The problem has been reproduced as being on the Quotes and Trades Server(s?).

Unfortunately my LiveRep session was a waste of time as the Agent was reluctant to confirm whether their "OK" charts were from the same server as I'm using, as usual they wanted me to restart instead. Eventually they did confirm that they were plotting valid plots from the same server as me - they were wrong.

After 20mins on hold for TS I did get a helpful person who was able to reproduce the fault and will progress it with the aim of having the data rebuilt.

Nothing is ever easy.

Alexis, you suggest closing down and restarting. But since eSignal seems to have no historic record of server connections that would have meant no record of my server connection and prevented further checking and thus correction if after the reconnection I had no problem.

BTW the problem exists on over 30 stocks.

Comment

Dave180

Alexis, you suggest closing down and restarting. But since eSignal seems to have no historic record of server connections...
        Actually based on my experience calling eSignal there is a log of the connections (albeit limited) which is why I have always made that suggestion.
        Alex

Originally posted by Dave180
        Thanks Alexis.

The problem has been reproduced as being on the Quotes and Trades Server(s?).

Unfortunately my LiveRep session was a waste of time as the Agent was reluctant to confirm whether their "OK" charts were from the same server as I'm using, as usual they wanted me to restart instead. Eventually they did confirm that they were plotting valid plots from the same server as me - they were wrong.

After 20mins on hold for TS I did get a helpful person who was able to reproduce the fault and will progress it with the aim of having the data rebuilt.

Nothing is ever easy.

Alexis, you suggest closing down and restarting. But since eSignal seems to have no historic record of server connections that would have meant no record of my server connection and prevented further checking and thus correction if after the reconnection I had no problem.

BTW the problem exists on over 30 stocks.

Comment

Working...
        X