Transition of the ER2 to ICE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transition of the ER2 to ICE

I've been trading the ER2 using eSignal data for almost 5 years now. With the transition coming on the next contract rollover, I was looking into how to continue using this data.

eSignal has the NYBOT data at a monthly cost which includes many other commodities which I have no interest in trading.

But I am really surprised to find out this. There is someone (raymack1999) on the Elitetrader forums who recently said:

"I am the head of sales for ICE US products. Our goal is to have a smooth transition to the ICE for all Russell traders. we are available to help any way we can."

"...we offer a free Russell and Dollar Index data package to all vendors and it is up to them to offer it to their customers. The following vendors have it now:

CQG, DTN, ICD ESignal, GL Trade, Options Express, Thomson Reuters"

For years, the YM e-mini data was a free data package from eSignal until the company that provided that data to eSignal was acquired.

My question to eSignal representatives is this:

Since the ICE is offering their Russell data to eSignal for free and considering that eSignal has done this kind of thing before, could eSignal management provide the ICE Russell 2K e-mini data to it's subscribers for no charge as well?

Thanks for considering it.

Re: Transition of the ER2 to ICE

Steve
    You may want to see this announcement by Scott Johnson
    Alex

Originally posted by SteveH
    I've been trading the ER2 using eSignal data for almost 5 years now. With the transition coming on the next contract rollover, I was looking into how to continue using this data.

eSignal has the NYBOT data at a monthly cost which includes many other commodities which I have no interest in trading.

But I am really surprised to find out this. There is someone (raymack1999) on the Elitetrader forums who recently said:

"I am the head of sales for ICE US products. Our goal is to have a smooth transition to the ICE for all Russell traders. we are available to help any way we can."

"...we offer a free Russell and Dollar Index data package to all vendors and it is up to them to offer it to their customers. The following vendors have it now:

CQG, DTN, ICD ESignal, GL Trade, Options Express, Thomson Reuters"

For years, the YM e-mini data was a free data package from eSignal until the company that provided that data to eSignal was acquired.

My question to eSignal representatives is this:

Since the ICE is offering their Russell data to eSignal for free and considering that eSignal has done this kind of thing before, could eSignal management provide the ICE Russell 2K e-mini data to it's subscribers for no charge as well?

Thanks for considering it.

Comment

Alex, thanks so much. Great news. As always, I'm usually the last one to find out these things.

Excellent job on eSignal's part to pass on the savings to its customers.

Comment

Steve
        You are most welcome.
        With regards to receiving this type of information you may want to subscribe to that and/or other forums of the Announcements forum.
        Alex

Originally posted by SteveH
        Alex, thanks so much. Great news. As always, I'm usually the last one to find out these things.

Excellent job on eSignal's part to pass on the savings to its customers.

Comment

Working...
        X