$SMI-SWX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $SMI-SWX

I'm not able to receive any data for the symbol $SMI-SWX (intraday or daly), but it works for all SWX-single stocks. Is this symbol no longer valid?

Peter

Looks OK here for both daily and intraday.

When did you last get data on that symbol? Change any entitlements/exchanges recently?

Thanks.

Comment

I'm not shure, when it worked last time, I use mostly the single stock symbols.

For the intraday chart, I see first Request sent..., then Receiving... and finaly No Data. The daly chart stays on the Request sent status.

Peter
      Attached Files

Comment

I think this is an entitlement issue. Can you try again and see if your getting that symbol now?

I'm still getting some clarification but it looks like that symbol is a part of a new SWX Indices package that was released last month and costs $4 USD per mo.

If that turns out to be the case, do you want me to add that exchange to your account?

Thanks.

Comment

Yes, it works now. I have the package for the swiss shares and I hope, that at least the main index symbol is included in this package as it was in the past. And why you don't informe your clients about such changes?

Peter

Comment

Glad to hear it's working now.

We don't have any control over how the exchanges package their offerings and quite a few exchanges have found additional revenue sources by separating out indices and charging for them.

In terms of customer notification, we did send a notice out in early June. I've attached the text of that notification.

In digging up some notes from early summer, we were under the impression that these indices were being broken out from Eurex so the notification went out to all Eurex subscribers. Did you have a subscription to Eurex at some point in the past?

Also, the fee is $4/mo for SWX Indices. Did you want that service to remain on your acct? I added it and credited the fee as a courtesy to confirm it resolved the problem.

Thanks.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Scott

No, I never had a subscription to Eurex, but I have one for the SWX Swiss stock exchange. I'm a little bit confused because I think the SWX-Indices are provided by the SWX and not from the Eurex.

I paid 11$ before the change and I see now, that there are two parts for the SWX 7$ for the stocks and 4$ for the indices, together the same amount as before. In this case I agree, that you definitifly add the SWX indices to my account.

Thanks
              Peter

Comment

Sounded a bit odd to me as well. At least it's working now and by combining the two, that exchange fee at least remained flat.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X