Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some servers have problem

Hello,

This morning I let my esignal running from 8:20 to 10:xx without any restart or reload.

Then I reloaded data of each 1min chart by control-click "OK" button in cursor window. To my surprise, the OHLCV data of many bars were different from that of before reloading. I reloaded all 1min charts on my screen ( NG, ES, NQ, 6E and CL) and all were different.

I restarted esignal and all data were the same as that before reloading.

So it seems some eSignal have serious problem during market busy period (this morning's volume is quite big). Because my esignal was started before 8:20, it had no problem to process incoming streaming realtime data and build 1min bar in realtime. However some esignal servers (at least the one I was connected to) failed to handle the large volume, which results the 1min OHLCV data stored on these servers were totally wrong.

After I restarted, maybe I was lucky so that I got connected to good server and the downloaded 1min data are almost identical to those collected by my esignal in realtime (between 8:20 and 10:xx this morning).

However if esignal's servers are so unreliable, each time when I start esignal after major news release, how can I tell whether I am connected to a "good" server so that the 1min charts before me are correct or not?

- Clearpicks

P.S. I am going to load some screenshots of the data exported.

This one is the exprted 1min data of NQ before I reloaded NQ data.
    Attached Files

The screenshot of data exported after I reloaded data before esignal was restarted.
    Attached Files

Comment

The screenshot of data exported after esignal was restarted. The difference between this one and the first one is that volume at 10:06, one is 1545 and another is 1544.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by clearpicks; 09-05-2008, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X