$VOLDQ - 2 Billion Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $VOLDQ - 2 Billion Error

Every time $VOLDQ hits either + or - 2 billion volume for a day it flips to the opposite +ve or -ve value.

The last couple of weeks have been a real mess in VOLDQ chart terms.

Why is it doing this ? Can you fix it please.

Thanks

TallBS

Yep saw that,
    Attached Files
    Hope for the best.....Plan for the worst!

Comment

Tallbs and Dhunniford,

We are aware of an issue regarding data for $TVOLDQ. When $TVOLDQ reaches or exceed this a certain threshold, the data loops around.

Our QA department is looking into the the issue and once we have more information we will post back here.

Comment

Avery,

Looking back over some charts yesterday I found this example from July 2007. Clearly this issue has been out there for a while - but has really hit home as an issue with the recent markets.

Can you find out where this is in the QA Dept's workstack because it is a major factor in my trading system ?

Thanks

TallBS
        Attached Files

Comment

Any update ?

Comment

Hi,

The bug is confirmed and now in the hands of one of our development teams to address. Quite a few higher-profile projects are ahead of it so it may be a while.

In the meantime, there appears to be a workaround for it by creating a user-defined spread. Using the same components, I did a custom symbol and as you can see here, when $VOLDQ flips, the user-defined symbol does not. You can also see the data matches exactly until the point it flips.

For more on symbol spreads, please review this KB article.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Working...
            X